Interxchange Gambia31 Clarkson Street
WAG-PMB 303SK Banjul
|Contact person:||Sadibou Kamaso|
- Overnight facilities
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid organization
- Aid for developing countries
- Educational policy/project
Interxchange Gambia, a reputable academic travel organisation in the Gambia, aims at promoting social, educational and cultural travel amongst students, youths and adults. This program basically aims at giving students, youths and seniors the opportunity, to volunteer their time with and assist local NGOs in Gambia in various projects and at the same time enable them, to gain African work experience.
Volunteer opportunities are:
- HIV/AIDS projects,
- women in development,
- culture / tourism / eco-tourism,
- water and sanitation,
- community development project,
- health / medical / research,
- teaching preschool/ secondary,
- communication / marketing,
- child development / speech therapy,
- audio and visual projects,
- physical and mental disability / rehabilitation of the blind.
A very unique programme is designed specifically to give interested participants the opportunity, to share experiences and cultures while staying with a family. It helps participants to learn the local way of life and establish relationships with their respective families. Participants also help families in their daily household chores and at the same time help the children in their studies.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Further we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, procure an expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.