Kaabong WomenPO Box 9344 Karamoja
|Interlocuteur:||Grace Akullo Loumo|
- possibilité passer la nuit
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Organisation d'aide
- Droits de l'Homme
- Condition + projet féminin
KWGO-Kaabong Women´s Group-Org. was founded in 1989 because of domestic violence, harsh climate, mass poverty, conflicts, discrimination against women, lack of government support to rural areas and other abuses of women´s rights.
KWGO is a non-governmental, non-profit organization, affiliated to NAWOU, DENIVA, FAWEU in Uganda.
Karamoja, where KWGO is considered, is the most backward region in the whole Uganda.
The organization works with volunteers and value women´s work, for every mother is a working mother.
KWGO is empowering women, to know their rights.
- build women´s centre,
- create local awareness on HIV/AIDS,
- diseminate land act 1989, where women and children have rights over land,
- train legal aids volunteers,
- train women on conflict resolution,
- establish friendly courts to help women, who are abused just to mention a few.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Further we can establish new contacts in the field of our work. If any member or members come to Uganda, we can guide and give a free guide to assist.