ARGENCORD - UN CORDON PARA LA VIDACalle Bonpland 2384 (1425) PB Dto. 1 (1405)
Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires
|Phone No.:||+54-11-45814466, +54-11-1544004148|
|Contact person:||Dufour, Claudio|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
ARGENCORD is an institution which was born in the year 2003 due to the sensitivity of a group of people who were worried about the problems that malignant illnesses in the blood present in our child and adult population, when they don't have a donor in their families. With the intention of having an association open to the community, its main mission emphasizes two different kind of actions:
- In the social area: education, support accompaniment and search of solutions for those patients and families who require specific treatments and suffered from haematology illnesses and oncohaematologic ones and need to have the right information, the means and places of attention.
- In the scientific area: ARGENDCORDs' group of work has the major premise to develop the capabilities and essential obligations of the professionals who join the project, having as an objective to develop their education, instruction and updated research to support the social actions in health.
- to get an efficient network in the distribution of medicine and other elements which have been donated to avoid losing them due to bad distribution or structure,
- to escort and guide the relatives of patients during the period of detection or analysis, search of professionals and white looking for attention sites and treatments,
- to build up a place with informative and didactic material about this subject, specially in children population and their parents; furthermore, videos and audiovisual material are proposed in the health promotion,
- to establish institutional relations in this country, abroad and organization with similar objectives.
Goal: to develop a Non Profit Cord Blood Bank in Argentina.
All kind of help related to our mission will be very important.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, deliver a lecture, procure an expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.