Unnayan UddogHouse 13, Road 19, Sector 13
Uttara Model Town, Dhaka 1230
|Phone No.:||+88-02-8911271, 0171-006640, 0171-867605|
|Contact person:||Rathindranath Pal|
- Overnight facilities
- Aid organization
- Human rights
- Women's policy
Unnayan Uddog (literacy meaning development initiative) is a non-profit, non-political organization. It was founded in 1991 by Rathindranath Pal, a social worker, with a view to consolidate peoples' power and to use social institutions, specially educational institutions as development vehicle. The mission of Unnayan Uddog is to reduce sufferings and to contribute to the sustainable social, economic, educational, cultural and technological development of the disadvantaged section, especially the women, children and persons with disability of the society.
- to organize disadvantaged section, especially, the women, children and persons with disability and provide them with necessary assistance so that they could be empowered and worthy citizen,
- to create public awareness about child rights (UNCRC) and eliminate child labour ensuring better future for them,
- to promote eco-friendly modern agricultural technology to the farmers,
- to promote awareness for creating social forestry in order to protect environment,
- to create self-employment through promoting rural small enterprises,
- to conduct formal and non-formal education programme to reduce the cult of illiteracy,
- to undertake primary health care programme,
- to provide legal support to the deprived section of the society and
- to undertake research on development and policy issues.
Rathindranath Pal is the Executive Director of the association. 22 honorary members stand by him.
We offer other net participants overnight accommodations. Moreover, we can give an expert guidance through trained staff, procure expert level information, give an expert opinion, deliver a lecture and establish new contacts in the field of our work.