Harvest of Hope Self-Help Community Center (HHSCC)P. O. Box 95626
|Phone No.:||+254 722 400 920 (Mobile)|
|Contact person:||Okemwa, Frank|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
The Harvest of Hope Self-Help Community Center (HHSCC) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization, that was founded in July 1995 by a group of Christian men and women. Majority of the founders had lost their close parents/relatives through HIV/AIDS and had come together to give support to one another because of the rejection, stigmatization and discrimination they were experiencing from the community. HSCC´s efforts and contributions has been achieved through:
- provide counselling services to people living with HIV/AIDS,
- provide food, clothing and medical care to orphans and vulnerable children,
- bridging the digital divide by providing Information and Communication Technologies (ICT),
- facilitate community sensitization, awareness and education on HIV/AIDS and drug abuse by arranging seminars and workshops for community volunteers and leaders in vocational, HIV/AIDS and drug abuse schemes,
- encourage Voluntary Counselling and Testing (VCT) for individuals to know their status (HIV/AIDS),
- provide education to orphans and disadvantaged youth at primary and secondary school level,
- arrange seminars and workshops for community volunteers and community leaders in vocational, HIV/AIDS and drug abuse schemes.
HHSCC exists to promote community health and socio-economic empowerment of women and youths including protection of environment and respect for cultural diversity. Pursuant to this mission, HHSCC designs, develops and implements health and human development project modules that are child-youth-and women-centered, participatory, sustainable, replicable and complimentary to the government and activities by other agencies.
Frank Okemwa is the Program Coordinator and Webmaster of the Center.
For other net participants we can give an expert opinion and establish new contacts in the field of our work.