Twezimbe Rural Development OrganisationP.O.BOX 9272
|Contact person:||Ssemwanga Dr., Andrew|
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Women's policy
Twezimbe Rural Development Organization is a CBO (Community Based Organization) in Rakai District in Uganda and as its mission aims to uplift/improve the quality of life of the people of Kabira Sub county through the initiation and involvement in participatory rural development projects.
The CBO came up with felt need to equip school dropouts and youths with practical skills in technical work that could enable them be self supporting in their day to day life given the fact that they are needy and mostly orphans.
Adults also felt that forming joint initiatives would enable them enhance their income especially through handcrafts and rearing.
- the need to equip youths and the deserving needy, mostly orphans with practical skills in the fields of agriculture, tailoring, carpentry and joinery, bricklaying and concreting,
- looking for markets for the finished products both within and outside the country,
- ensure that people live within environments that are not hazardous to their lives/health; this is to be done through sensitization about primary health care, waste disposal, sanitation and immunizations through village seminars as a healthy society is a backbone and indication of development,
- environmental protection and conservation through tree planting initiatives, proper waste disposal and use of energy saving devices like biogas,
- women empowerment through formation of clubs and making joint projects with help of a revolving fund.
Dr. Andrew Ssemwanga and M. Kaddu are the founder directors of the organization.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, deliver a lecture, procure an expert information and establish new contacts in the following field: rural projects, setting up boards for organizations within corporate governance framework, planning and monitoring of projects, undertaking consultancy work, installing internal systems in organisations, setting up accounting systems in organisations, trade and small scale investment. Further we plan to provide overnight accommodation facility in future to one or two net participants.