Global Network for the Prevention of Torture
GNPTPlot # 9/13 (1st floor), Block # D, Lalmatia
- possibilité passer la nuit
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Organisation d'aide
- Droits de l'Homme
- Politique de la paix
The Global Network for the Prevention of Torture (GNPT), formed on June 21, 2002, is an international human rights network dedicated to promote the idea of a torture-free world by creating an effective global network for the prevention of torture. It is a non-profit and non-governmental human rights organization. Its members are human rights activists with various kinds of background.
The main goals of this organization are to:
- promote a torture-free world by creating an effective global network for the prevention of torture, promote good governance and participatory democracy by the prevention of torture,
- use international and regional mechanisms for the prevention of torture, put pressure on the state actors to take adequate measures for the prevention of torture,
- educate human rights activists regarding international human rights instruments, state obligation, and regional and international mechanisms for getting remedies against torture, educate law enforcement agencies, security forces and prison officials regarding international human rights instruments against torture,
- lobby with the donor country to link international aid with ensuring torture-free society, organize solidarity for the torture victims.
GNPT will pursue the following program in accordance with its organizational and financial capacity: Networking; urgent appeals; on-line petitions; human rights defenders training; training of law enforcement agencies, security forces and prison officials; international campaigns, especially on-line campaigns; publication of books, news magazines and journals; publication of half-yearly and yearly report on the state of torture; research and documentation; regional and international conferences; consultation and workshops/seminars; advocacy and lobbying; international solidarity; production documentary film on torture.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Also we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, deliver a lecture, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work. If agrred we can send our online publication and include net members in our subscription list, so that they can share their views and express solidarity with the victims of human rights violation.