Resource Hub for Development (RHD)Box 10958-00400 Nairobi; Makogilo Road, Off Kisumu Northern By-Pass
|Phone No.:||+254 723 414 198; +254 754 724 762; +254 724 685 154|
|Contact person:||Peter Kosgey Okeyo|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid organization
- Commune, community project
- Environmental project
Resource Hub for Development (RHD) is a registered national, non-governmental, non-profit, non religious, non-political, humanitarian and development Organization founded in 2010. It has a mandate in partnering with communities, local and international institutions and organizations in alleviating poverty through socio-economic empowerment and humanitarian aid in poor marginalized rural regions and urban slums in Kenya. RHD stand to change the lives of individual and families in the poorest communities in Kenya by promoting initiatives and sustainable development solutions which advocates facilitating lasting change, strengthening development capacity for self help, providing economic, social opportunities and relief to the poor.
RHD mission is to alleviate poverty and empower poor marginalized rural and slum communities through socio-economic programs and humanitarian aid. We stand to change the lives of individual and families in the poorest communities in Kenya by promoting initiatives and sustainable development solutions which advocates facilitating lasting change, strengthening development capacity for self help, providing economic, social opportunities and relief to the poor
RHD has a vision of a just society where the dignity, self esteem and self determination of every citizen are guaranteed for integral human development. Towards this, RHD has a mission to work for empowerment and transformation of poor marginalized communities through capacity development in order to realize equitable, innovative and sustainable development geared towards poverty alleviation.
• Education: To enable children, youth and adults to access high quality and affordable educational and research opportunities.
• Information, Micro-finance and Management
• Health Care (HIV/Aids, Population and Reproductive health and welfare): To improve the health of local population in terms of communicable and non-communicable and healthy lifestyle through equitable and affordable access to quality health care services to the poor.
• Youth and Women Economic Empowerment: To empower youth and women with the skills and opportunities to gain and stay in employment as well as helping them start up small businesses.
• Environmental Management and Energy Conservation: To facilitate the creation of a clean and safe environment and promote sustainability.
• Water & Sanitation: To enhance a clean, safe and sustainable environment to access water and sanitation services.
• Agriculture: To promote and facilitate sustainable agriculture through innovative, commercially oriented and modern farming methods.
• Humanitarian Relief: To promote equity in access, control and participation in resource distribution for improved livelihoods of all vulnerable.
• Housing and Settlement: To provide and enable rural poor marginalized and urban slum communities access safe, adequate and decent housing in a sustainable environment.
• Social and Cultural Programmes - Peace Building: To work towards creating safe and secure communities; sustainable peace and stability; a society free from danger and fear.
• Volunteerism: Volunteer Mission Trip (Medical Outreach, School Construction, Orphanage trip, Environmental Activity, Program Advocacy, Sports Event e.t.c.)There’s a lot to get involved in while volunteering in Kenya. We recommend you concentrate on one programme for your volunteer work to have the most impact.
• Alara Community Learning Centre
• Nyakach Phase 1 water Supply and Sanitation
• Renovation of Mariwa Community Health Centre
• Housing Project- Kokwanyo Widows
• ERASMUS+ Key Action 2 - Child Protection and Development: Capacity building in the field of the youth
• Reaching The Off-Grid Communities In Poor Rural Marginalized Kenya Through Sustainable Solar Power
• ERASMUS+ Key Action 1: Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices - Capacity Building in the field of youth
Peter Kosgey Okeyo is the Executive Director of the Resource Hub for Development (RHD).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.