Paper for All25 rue Michel-Ange,
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Organisation d'aide
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Aide pour des pays en voie de dévellopement
Paper for All was born following a humanitarian trip to Burkina Faso in 2005. Paper for All is a non-profit/charity registered in Burkina Faso, UK, France and the US that aims to promote better learning conditions to children in Burkina Faso through the provision of academic materials (notebooks, pens, etc.). The charity focuses on five schools (3,000 children) in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso to maximize its impact. The name reflects the fact that the charity focuses on education and simple things like providing notebooks to children.
To grow seeds into trees sheltering the next generation.
To support education to enable sustainable development.
What we do?
Together we help children get an education and grow the seeds into trees sheltering the next generation.
Paper for All conducts several programmes:
• We distribute academic resources every quarter: The quarterly distributions involve the purchase and distribution in by the local team of academic supplies (notebooks, pens, pencils, chalk, academia kits, sometimes books) in Burkina Faso. In addition to the distribution, we started last year a programme to provide mosquitoe nets and storm lamps to the children, so that they can study at home too (no electricity or frequent malaria outbreaks). The focus is again on the learning environment, the net and lamps allowing the children to study better at home.
• We organize summer volunteering programmes and treks: Paper4All organizes volunteering programmes all year long with college students and workers. We recruit volunteers from all professional backgrounds and courses of study. Our network and partners allow us to help you in defining and carrying out different sorts of on-the-field experience, whether this be in education, health, industry, or other fields that may interest you. Our volunteers can do a number of activities, such as: Teaching English and French or Math lessons in classes of 50-80 pupils, aged 6-14 years old. This is the main purpose of our summer volunteering program; Tutoring a small number of school children who have particular difficulties in learning; Gaining work experience in Burkina Faso in fields such as healthcare, construction, manufacturing, environmental preservation, finance, etc…
• We promote organizations in our Umbrella: After having been contacted by many small organizations acting in Africa, Paper for All decided to set up a network of small organizations that share the same purpose and profile: helping education for children. What are the benefits? A presence in a network of like-minded organizations can allow improved communication, credibility and fundraising; Joint communication and awareness efforts can be undertaken, thereby giving way to greater efficiency and impact; Granted organizations get a link and a page on Paper for All´s website, thereby driving traffic.
Emmanuel Cassimatis is the Founder and Chairman of Paper for All.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.