Imani Initiative Development Group (IIDG)Along KISII-KISUMU ROAD
|Telefon:||+254 708217173; +254 727494906|
- possibilité passer la nuit
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Organisation d'aide
- Politique sociale/hommes handicapés
- Condition + projet féminin
The Imani Initiative Development Group (IIDG) is a community registered organisation in Kenya. Started in the year 2003 with the following thematic areas:
• Child support, education and welfare
• Health programmes
• WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene programmes)
• Women empowerment through adult literacy and numeracy trainings and income generation projects.
• The organization runs a children support programme where its supporting 300 orphan children with educational needs from primary one to high school,
• We conduct community health programmes to HIV and AIDS patients through HIV testing and counseling, Home based care treatment and counseling, referrals and prevention of mother to child activities.
• Our WASH programmes include hand wash training to schools, training of traditional birth attendances, supporting community toilet digging and trainings, digging of water points, IE boreholes and training on water management to the community. Our organization has also trained local communities on safe water management and water borne diseases management.
• We work in 7 local primary schools and 9 high schools across the country.
• Adult literacy and empowerment project is our new entry programme and we have rolled it out from year 2016 to date. This project has empowered close to 70 women with numeracy and literacy classes and has made most of the old women who never went to school, can manage to read write and count numbers. We dearly need more support to reach over 2000 needy persons with this literacy and numeracy trainings.
Winnie Olango is the President of the Imani Initiative Development Group (IIDG).
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Also we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.