Sanna´s Foundation for the Needy (SFN)P.O.Box 2038; Sukuta Village Greater Banjul area
|Telefon:||+220-753-1313 / 3127672 / 7710822 / 3416290 / 7507237|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Organisation d'aide
- Communauté, projet communal
- Politique + projet d'éducation
Sanna´s Foundation for the Needy (SFN) is a registered non-profit organization. The foundation started formally as a community base charity in 2010 in Gambia. Since its inception, SFN has responded to several disasters and served number of victims in various affected communities.
We aim to relieve suffering caused by natural disaster and human conflict, promote peace and understanding, and strengthen people´s capacity to help themselves.
Our main activity was to provide feeding to the less privilege within the communities which is known as Feed the child Project. Soon, the foundation’s scope of operations expanded beyond to several sustainable human development projects and initiatives within the country such as: Educate a child, shelter for a child, among others.
• Is to serve disaster struck and socially disadvantaged individuals and families in the less fortunate communities in Gambia.
• To create greater awareness on child´s right, freedom to express their feelings and thoughts, social right and equality.
• To educate communities on family planning, drugs, child slavery, child labor and prostitution.
• To increase the number of school going children and implement governments efforts towards adult literacy.
• Educate a Child: Our main concern is to help and support those children to go back to school to start building for a better tomorrow. We also support schools from nursery to senior secondary level with school books, computers, tables, chairs, and other equipment´s.
• Feed The Child: In this project we provide feeding materials like rice, surge, cooking oil, milk, among others to the needy families within the communities across the Gambia.
• Water for the Kids: We provide home taps to some of those houses that can not afford it on their own. Many of the houses that has benefited through this project are today feeding them-self through gardening and other means.
• Gift for Health: Support of poor people to have access to proper health care and for the payment of their medical bills.
• Shelter for a Child: The foundation is spending tireless efforts to provide housing for those families that are in urgent need of shelter. We have build houses and carry out some renovation work on many of those homes affected either naturally or through human conflict.
• Clothing for the needy child,
• Electricity per every house
Hamza Cham is the Founder and President of Sanna´s Foundation for the Needy (SFN).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.
Peace Education: Today we where bless to lunch our educational project call Peace Education. This project is one of the many that Sanna's Foundation and International Woman Peace Group iwpg has a memorandum of affiliation on to lunch in the country. The first batch of the training comprises of four woman groups "girls" that where thought on the importance of peace within us as human.
Ismaila Keita the Secretary General of the foundation spoke about the importance of the words we speak to each other and the impact it can have . Words can mean differently and it can course us different feelings, so it's important for one to be careful of how you speak to each other. The words we speak can bring peace or conflict among ourselves. He said. He urge to participants to make good of the seminar and extend the message to their colleagues.
Speaking during the seminar Mr. Hamza Cham the founder and president of Sanna's Foundation advice the gathering to exercise peace and understanding among