Unison NGO for Support of People with Special Needs36 Demirchyan St.
|Telefon:||+374 10 522170|
|Telefax:||+374 10 522170|
- possibilité passer la nuit
- Droits de l'Homme
- Politique sociale/hommes handicapés
The Unison NGO was established in May 2002 to support people in most infavorable conditions, first of all, persons with disabilities. The organization's objectives are:
- to conduct public awareness campaigns about problems of population groups in unfavorable conditions,
- to carry out research on human rights and gender issues,
- to struggle against discrimination of any kind; to promote activities aimed at provision for accessibility of all the spheres for persons with disabilities,
- to organize activities of the Paros Chamber Choir - the only wheelchair choir in the world,
- to create Websites of distinguished representatives of Armenian culture.
Among the executed activities, it is worth mentioning the following implementation of a project entitled "Provision for the Electoral Rights of Disabled and Elderly People", publication of a brochure "Disability in Armenia", organization of participation of the Paros Chamber Choir of disabled people in the International Choral Festival in Italy; creation of the official Website of the great Armenian musician Komitas Vardapet; organization of the first All-Armenian Beauty Photo-Contest for Women with Disabilities. We have also implemented various other projects aimed at development of civil society in Armenia.
Armen Alaverdyan is the founder and Executive Director of the organization.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Also we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, deliver a lecture and establish new contacts in the field of disability issues in Armenia and worldwide.