Health Promotion South Africa Trust (HPSA)25 Long Street
7600 Kayamandi, Stellenbosch
Afrique du Sud
|Telefon:||+31 (0)6 22 50 79 49; +27 (0)76 38 62 867; +27 (0)73 875 9524|
|Interlocuteur:||George Arrey, CEO & Harold Robles, Founder & Special Advisor|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Organisation d'aide
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Politique sociale/hommes handicapés
The Health Promotion South Africa Trust (HPSA or Health Promoters), a registered non-profit organization, is based in South Africa with supporting organizations in the Netherlands and the United States of America.
Health Promotion South Africa Trust seeks to enable and support a society that is actively pursuing health and well being.
The mission of HPSA or Health Promoters is to educate and promote health and well-being at the individual and community level in South Africa.
• HPSA currently operates in vulnerable communities near to Cape Town, where adults, adolescents and children are taught essential information and practical skills on how to prevent disease and live a healthy lifestyle.
• We teach in community centres, in schools, in crèches, in churches and in commercial centres. This education is essential as every year South African statistics show increasing numbers of children and adults dying of preventable diseases like gastro-enteritis (diarrhoea, dehydration), HIV /AIDS and TB.
• Since the majority of our target population is women and girls, we also offer other workshops, when requested, such as dealing with violence and rape, parenting skills, and teenage pregnancies.
• We call our teachers Senior Health Promoters, and we only train teachers who live in our targeted communities. Being taught by someone who speaks their language and lives in their community helps our clients to learn better. We also partner with other agencies in the communities we serve.
How we educate
Educators & Workshops:
• Our educators are trained to achieve high levels of teaching expertise, and are often evaluated by an expert as they teach.
• The workshops are practical, interactive, supportive, fun and at a level all participants can understand and learn from.
• We use Power Points, concrete apparatus like models of the body, pictures, real demonstrations (like how to make a hydrating solution), games and role-plays to help improve learning and change attitudes and motivation.
• Our educators are monitored carefully, in terms of how they teach, as well as how supportive they are of their attendees.
• We also ask our participants to evaluate our performance, by filling out evaluation sheets (if they can, or get a friend to do so).
• We also, on occasion, use a qualitative process, called MeSure, to evaluate our clients´ perceptions of their learning and our work.
George Arrey, CEO, Health Promotion South Africa Trust (HPSA)
Harold E. Robles is the Co-Founder, Special Advisor of Health Promotion South Africa Trust (HPSA or Health Promoters).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.
Stellenbosch, South Africa, December 2016
Health Promotion South Africa Trust honored by President Barack Obama.
President Barack Obama recently honored the Health Promotion South Africa Trust (HPSA) and its co-Founder and special advisor. In a personal statement from the White House addressed to Dr. h.c. Harold Robles, the President hailed the activities of the organization and the personal inset of all those involved.
The President continued: “As you reflect on your achievements over the last 45 years, I hope you take pride in the difference you have made in the lives of others. Congratulations on all you have accomplished. I wish you the very best in the years ahead as you continue working to forge an ever brighter tomorrow.”