Education VillageP.O. Box 12032; Olosiva
|Phone No.:||+255 (0) 757 761 002; +255 (0) 712021602|
|Contact person:||Linda Simon|
- Overnight facilities
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Commune, community project
- Educational policy/project
- Women's policy
Education Village is a Tanzanian Non-profit organization which began its work in 2014 with a mission of strengthening quality of rural community education. It focuses on primary, secondary school children and community education. Our primary aim is to improve school conditions in villages across Tanzania. Our journey has begun at Tingatinga village where we are aiding students attending Tingatinga Primary School.
Education Village´s mission is to work in partnership with local village communities and primary schools to improve accessibility, sustainability and quality of education. This includes projects on early childhood development practices:
• School feeding programs;
• Girls education
• Community education.
It partners with community it serves to identify, design and implement activities that enhance sustainable development.
• Village Nutrition Project: Our immediate goal is to provide a sustainable food source to the children of Tingatinga Primary School. Long term, we aim to duplicate the School Gardening Project in surrounding villages, extending our program´s reach to rural villages across Tanzania. The School Gardening Project comprises of three main objectives for the successful cultivation of food, through establishing a gardening project on the grounds surrounding the school: 1. Construct a fence around the proposed garden area; 2. Fix and upgrade the irrigation system; 3. Establish a progressively growing garden for the cultivation of a variety of fruits and vegetables.
• Build a Kitchen: This project will focus on constructing a kitchen for the students. The current kitchen in Tingatinga Primary School consists of only one pot and a small fire which is lit in order to boil the food. We will construct an efficient, low maintenance kitchen which will allow staff at the school to cook balanced meals for the students.
• Teacher Development: We will establish a teacher development programme. This programme is aimed at improving the knowledge and skills of the teachers at Tingatinga Primary School.
• Keep Them Healthy: This project will allow doctors to visit Tingatinga Primary School for regular check ups and treat the ailments affecting these children.
Linda Simon is the Co-Founder and Director of Education Village.
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Also we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.