Horn of Africa Peace Network (HAPEN)P. O. Box, 252-00610; Safari Plaza 2nd floor, Opp Barclays Bank, Sixth Street Eastleigh, Nairo
|Telefon:||+254 720 379 469|
|Interlocuteur:||Rizack A. Thahir|
- Droits de l'Homme
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Projet d'environnement
Horn of Africa Peace Network (HAPEN) is a not-for-profit making and Non-governmental organization which was established in 2008 in response to immense suffering caused by protracted civil strife in 1991. The organization is registered both in Kenya and Somalia. HAPEN works to provide relief emergency and other humanitarian support to the affected populations in Somalia while building their capacity to reduce their vulnerability.
HAPEN´s vision is to working in partnership with communities to address humanitarian needs, improve livelihoods, and to support overall peaceful, healthy and sustainable development
HAPEN´s mission is to reduce poverty and human suffering in emergency and disaster situations and contribute to the overall improvement of the standard of living and quality of life for communities in our areas of operation
• To improve the quality of life of the most vulnerable groups through initiating programs aimed at eradicating of poverty by entrenching community driven sustainable development that are environmentally acceptable
• To promote governance and democracy, protection, peace and human rights among the target communities and promote civic education programs in order to enable youth and women to participate actively and effectively in peace building.
• To enhance education and skill training opportunities for youth and adults and to help to strengthen educational systems and livelihood standards
• To ensure sustainable food security and income generation through improved crop production, animal husbandry, infrastructure rehabilitation, cash-based livelihood interventions, improved markets and market chain linking
• To improve access to safe water, sanitation, and hygiene facilities and facilitate acceptable standards of humanitarian services for displaced persons and refugees
• To carry out surveys and studies that will promote strategic planning and informed decision making
• Health Program
• WASH Program
• Livelihood and Food Security
• Nutrition Program
• Peace Building and Conflict Resolution
• Education Program
• Environmental Program
Rizack A. Thahir is the Executive Director of the Horn of Africa Peace Network (HAPEN).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.