Community Development Watch (CODEWA)P.O.BOX 377; Tabora
|Phone No.:||+255 685845449; +255 658791218|
|Contact person:||Sadath A. Mwamsema|
- Overnight facilities
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Educational policy/project
- Human rights
- Social policy/disabled persons
Community Development Watch (CODEWA) is a development organization that was established by a group of young and energetic people who were highly motivated and committed for contributing their time, skills and energies for the development and empowerment of socially disadvantaged and vulnerable communities in Tanzania.
It is a non-government, not-for-profit and non- sectarian, non- partisan organization working for social development of vulnerable and less developed people. CODEWA was founded in year 2011 and officially registered in 2015 with a registration no. 00NGO/00008056.
We envision a Tanzania of interconnected communities where people of different incomes, ethnicities, races and backgrounds live with dignity and fulfillment.
Our mission is to promote, advocate and foster socio-economic transformation amongst the marginalized rural and urban communities towards poverty reduction through a participatory sustainable approach.
• To promote and undertake research into social welfare matters.
• To eradicate extreme poverty and hunger
• To promote reduction of child mortality, Improve maternal health and Combat HIV/AIDS, malaria and other diseases
• To promote inclusive and quality education and promote lifelong learning
• To promote gender equality and empower women and girls
• To promote access to water and sanitation; To promote access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy
• To promote inclusive and sustainable economic growth, employment and decent work
• To promote sustainable consumption and production patterns
• To promote environmental sustainability
• To promote just, peaceful and inclusive societies (Democracy and good governance)
• To revitalize the partnership for sustainable development
• To promote proper quality service delivery, care and support to orphans and vulnerable children in all parts of Tanzania
What we do
• Education: We encourage vulnerable children to attend school through provision of school facilities, mentoring sessions and various campaigns based on better education to kids i.e. OVC.
• Health & Nutrition: To make sure children can exploit their full potential and stay healthy, we provide them with highly nutritive food and information on health prevention.
• Poverty Eradication: Since we want our approach to be sustainable, we empower families through teaching them entrepreneurship skills, good farming practices and financial literacy.
• Environment: To promote environmental sustainability.
• Democracy and good governance
Sadath A. Mwamsema is the Executive Secretary of Community Development Watch (CODEWA).
For other net participants we can offer overnight facilities. Also we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.