Persona Doll Training
Equality in Practice51 Granville Road
N12 0JH London
|Telefon:||+44 (0)20 8446 7056|
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Antiracisme, politique d'integration
- Projet des médias
In 2000, Babette Brown founded Persona Doll Training, a registered charity based in the United Kingdom that supports and educates practitioners in the use of Persona Dolls in the UK.
The Persona Doll Approach:
• The focus is on fairness, equality and inclusion.
• Children´s communication and listening skills are developed.
• Persona Doll stories encourage empathy, critical thinking & problem solving.
• The Dolls are tools for implementing ´British´ values and the prevent duty.
• We promote the Persona Doll approach to encourage children (the beneficiaries) all over the UK and beyond our shores to unlearn any prejudiced and stereotypical attitudes they may have picked up. Children identify and bond strongly with the Dolls.
• Their teachers use them to tell stories, some about happy events like going on holiday while others involve hurtful experiences like name calling and teasing.
• Children are encouraged to build empathy and are empowered to stand up when they or their peers witness unfairness. This unique, effective and non-threatening approach helps teachers and consequently the children to deal with tricky issues like bullying and to tackle discrimination in its varied forms.
• The charity provides a range of culturally authentic and appropriately dressed cloth Persona Dolls, wheelchairs made for the Dolls and glasses, which are used in conjunction with story-telling to address difficult issues such as racism, sexism, disability and homophobia.
• We have provided training in the UK, Germany, Iceland, New Zealand, Turkey, and across Eastern Europe. Our sister organisation, Persona Doll Training South Africa is also flourishing.
• We deliver non-threatening, hands-on, cost effective training based on the Persona Doll approach in settings, schools, colleges and universities.
• We distribute awareness raising publications and have recently produced a new training DVD and support book. Articles promoting our philosophy and activities are written for relevant magazines and we are currently planning a campaign that links with Government initiatives around British Values.
Babette Brown is the Founder of Persona Doll Training.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.