Child Survival Aid Ghana (CSAG)P.O. Box TN 1661; Teshie-Nungua Estate
|Phone No.:||+ 233-267702211|
|Contact person:||Emmanuel Adika Benedict|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Media project
Child Survival Aid Ghana (CSAG), founded in 2012, is a local non-profit organization that is dedicated to assisting underprivileged children in rural communities to achieve their full potential with the assistance and support they need in education.
To empower underprivileged children in underserved communities by providing access to quality education; and to instill in them confidence and self-esteem to achieve better and brighter futures
• Ensure that children are able to complete a full course of primary school education in a decent and safe school environment.
• Ensure school facilities are in place to improve access to basic education and quality of learning.
• Improve the quality of teaching at primary and pre-school level.
• Strengthen the capacity of communities to manage their local education systems and promote awareness of children’s rights.
• To ensure that the right to education for all children of school going age in rural communities is not jeopardized.
• To create and ensure a sustainable future for rural poor children by supporting both girls and boys with educational inputs such as textbooks, exercise books, uniforms and other study materials.
• Ensure adequate education and vocational training for children in rural communities.
Improve the quality of education for children by revitalizing their learning environment.
• To build and renovate schools to accommodate children for life skills education
• Providing safe classrooms, furniture, textbooks, toilet facilities, recreational facilities, safe water and hand washing facilities in schools
• Facilitating effective community participation in school management and decision making.
• Improving access to quality primary education in rural communities where children do not have access to education.
• Providing children with uniforms and other required educational materials that would help improve their education.
• Conducting parents—teachers meeting to encourage active participation.
• Breaking down the barriers that prevent children, particularly girls, from education
• Reaching out to children who have never been to school or have dropped out for cultural or financial reasons.
• Setting up reading clubs in schools.
• Coaching children to love and appreciate reading.
• Ensuring that children are constantly engaged in daily reading to enhance their knowledge and reading skills.
• Empowering children to be agents of change in the community through reading
• Improving the quality of education and competition among children in schools
• Teaching school children how to cultivate the habit of reading to enable them compete with other privileged children in urban cities.
The aim of this project is to resource rural schools with the books they need to enhance effective learning, teaching and quality education. We are particularly looking for books for young children from Kindergarten, primary to Junior high school level. We are also in need of books with basic science experiments and arts and crafts. We are also in need of DVDs/CDs and computers.
Emmanuel Adika Benedict is the Director of Child Survival Aid Ghana (CSAG).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.