Mahavir Foundation Trust (MFT)
Mahavir International - Vadodara KendraC/o Ankur, Near Navrachana School, Sama,
390 024 Vadodara, Gujarat
|Phone No.:||+91 (0)265 2793098|
|Fax No.:||+91 265 2794042|
|Contact person:||Dr B C Jain|
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
Mahavir International, Vadodara Kendra - Mahavir Foundation Trust (MFT) - was established in 2000 with the motto "Love All – Serve All" and is part of the large and well-established social organization, Mahavir International (MI) with over 400 centres all over India and other parts of the world (Australia, UK, USA etc). Since its inception, the Kendra has undertaken a large number of activities with particular emphasis on education, health as well as supporting the needy (in addition to our immediate as well as long-term involvement in mitigating the miseries of the victims of the earthquake that shook Gujarat on January 2001).
What we do
Education – The Best Gift:
• Adopted Schools Programme aimed at covering at least ten schools this year. Only those schools are selected where majority of the student are from economically weaker sections of society.
• Drop-out Prevention Programme focusing on primary school students.
• Open Scholarship Programme covering students from Std. 8th onwards and all the way up to professional courses / university education.
• Interest-free loan programmes for higher education.
• Mentor Sponsor Programme covers very bright and needy students from Std. 10th onwards.
• Street-to-School Initiative
• Continued working with Mental Hospital patients to prevent recurrence of the illness.
• Medical Check-ups in Adopted Schools.
• Dental Checkups and treatment.
• We have tied up with Hariom Seva Trust to help the needy families for medical treatment at Sayaji Hospital in Vadodara.
• Larger coverage of beneficiary family needs through networking.
Helping the Needy – Samvedana: Samvedana, is a sub group of MI. The primary objective of this group is to help recycle and reuse articles from well-to-do urban homes and bring them to the less fortunate homes of our society. Our motto is to love and to serve all while respecting their dignity. At MI-Samvedana, we collect articles from our generous donors and bring them to our collection centers. Here we carefully sort them out in groups, if necessary; add value to it by repairing/stitching the article; and then distributing to the needy through our channels.
Dr B C Jain is the Chairman of the Mahavir Foundation Trust (MFT).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.