Saving Lives & Building Healthy CommunityMahatma Gandhi Tribal Hospital, 6, Kadhava,
444 702 Karmagram, Utavali,
|Phone No.:||+9168051618; +9130194793; +91-07226-202291|
|Contact person:||Dr. Ashish Satav|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid organization
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Educational policy/project
MAHAN (Meditation, De-Addiction, Health, AIDS, Nutrition) Trust is a Non for Profit & Non Government organization providing preventive & curative medical facilities to tribal of Melghat.
Since1997, malnutrition & death due to malnutrition is reduced by more than 63% in adopted villages and more than 5 Lakh people got benefited through various projects bringing significant impact in life of tribal. It resulted into government policy changes as well.
To be the best health institution in the tribal areas of India with an aim to uplift the health facet of tribal of Melghat & India.
• Believes in core values of trust, transparency, care and compassion
• Principle of service, role model through research and monitoring of govt. health system.
• Strives to maintain healthy standards of social governance.
• Research Project: Feasibility study: Tracking community mortality due to Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV).
• SAMMAN (Community Based Management of severely malnourished Children): To reduce the prevalence and deaths of severely malnourished children.
• MCPEPAG (Mortality control program for economically productive age group): To reduce death in the age group of 16-60 years i.e. economically productive age group.
• HBCC (Home Based Child Care Program): To reduce child deaths and malnutrition.
• Blindness Control Program: To reduce preventable blindness
• MAHAN Mahatma Gandhi tribal Hospital: To reduce deaths and to improve health of poor tribal.
• Plastic Surgery Camps: plastic surgeries were performed for huge post-burn contractures, oral & breast cancers, cleft lips & palates, parotid tumor, etc.
• Specialty Camps: Dental camp; Gynaecology & Obstetrics camp; Paediatrics; General surgery and orthopaedics camp; etc
• UMANG: To improve nutrition and socio-economic status of Tribal and to reduce addiction
• YogSadhna: We regularly arranged Yoga Classes in 15 villages
• ARSH training program/ Camp: We arranged ARSH( Adolescent Reproductive sexual Health) training camps (>5) for adolescent children
• Gramsabha (Community meetings)
• Counsellor Program: To strengthen the government health system and mobilize the patients for availing hospital care.
• Village Child Developmental Centers (VCDC),
Dr. Ashish Satav is the Founder and President of MAHAN Trust.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.