Empowering Educational Community1st Floor, Yasoda Sadan, Vidyagiri,
580004 Dharwad, Karnataka
|Phone No.:||+91 98450 38017; +91 (0)836 274 7356/7|
|Contact person:||Venky Venkatesh|
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
Vidya Poshak, India is a registered Non-Government Organization (NGO), serving education community. The organization was started by a group of compassionate people in the year 2001 at Dharwad, Karnataka with the aim of supporting financially challenged bright students.
Empowering Educational Community
• To provide financial assistance to meritorious students.
• To guide and train the students towards achieving excellence in their professional and personal lives.
• To collaborate with institutions with similar objectives to share the best practises and expand Vidya Poshakßs reached,
• To network, associate and enable the educational community to realize the vision.
• To mobilize resources from individuals and institutions through donations and sponsorships.
• Nurture Merit Program (NMP): NMP includes Financial Assistance, Library/Book Bank facilities and Residential Bridge Camp. The mission is to provide financial assistance to meritorious students who cannot afford to continue their higher education owing to their financial difficulties.
• Library Services
• Skill Training Program: To guide and train the students towards achieving excellence in their professional and personal life.
• Education Loan Awareness And Advocacy Program (ELAAP): In order to enable the youth population to acquire the technological and professional skills, Government of India has formulated a policy of providing Education Loan and Loan for Vocation Education and Training. ELAAP enables the propagation of this policy.
• Excellence in Education – Vidya Poshak – Avanti Learning Center: At Avanti, we work to address two major areas of disarray – The lack of quality teaching in government and low-cost schools and colleges; The lack of access to significant test preparation outside of major urban centres.
• Vidya Poshak – Abdul Kalam Susandhi Fellowship Program: a unique program, a small step to transform the lives of rural and poorer families by enabling their children to pursue a world class professional program in the hi-tech domain of VLSI/Embedded/Software.
• Skill Development Program (SDP): SDP, a training program of Vidya Poshak has been initiated to cater to the soft skills training requirements of the educational community.
• Employment Readiness Program: This program is mainly started to help the rural background graduate students who are ill equipped to meet the demands of the industry due to lack of career guidance and systemic employment training. We at Vidya Poshak use modern tools and techniques to make the students industry ready.
Venky Venkatesh is the Executive Director of Vidya Poshak.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.