Hanseatic India Forum e.V. (HIF)
Verein zur Förderung der deutsch-indischen Zusammenarbeit und Völkerverständigung auf dem Gebiet von Kultur, Bildung und EntwicklungElbgaustrasse 71
|Phone No.:||+49 (0)40- 41161360 / 33442180; +49 163 3243 522|
|Fax No.:||+49 (0)40-41161361|
|Contact person:||Amal Mukhopadhyay|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid organization
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Educational policy/project
The non-profit association Hanseatic India Forum e.V. (HIF) was founded in 2009.
The aim and purpose of the association is the promotion of culture and education, development cooperation and international understanding between Germany - especially Hamburg - and India.
The focus of the association work is on the other hand.
• Promotion of cultural exchange: organization of events such as Readings, slide shows as well as classical and modern music performances, Diwali - annual festival of lights with dance and music performances; India Travel
• Organization of discussion forums on topics of German-Indian international understanding, forums for contact management, specialist symposia and training programs
• Promotion of economic-scientific exchange: Hanseatic India Colloquium - serves to intensify the entrepreneurial dialogue between Germany and India and promotes the possibilities of German-Indian business connections in the sectors of health care, biotechnology and pharmaceutics.
• Support for humanitarian projects: Development assistance to improve the living conditions of the poor and underprivileged population in the rural regions of India in cooperation with Sabuj Sangha, a non-governmental organization in the Sunderbans, West Bengal.
Humanitarian projects in cooperation with Sabuj Sangha:
• SolarMedicus: Solar powered health stations to ensure basic medical and emergency care in remote villages in Sunderbans.
• Sunderban Bakery: Establishment of a bakery in a village in the Sunderbans, which which is managed by the women of the village.
• Project to ensure sustainable health care in the villages in preparation, which will involve a risk-free pregnancy, complication-free delivery and the health of newborns.
• Volunteering in India
Amal Mukhopadhyay ist he First Chairman of the Hanseatic India Forum e.V. (HIF).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.