Sahyog - care for you
Society for the Upliftment of Child Education, Health & Environment22, Basement Bhera Enclave, Paschim Vihar
110087 New Delhi
|Phone No.:||+91-11-25264149; +91-9811069292|
|Contact person:||Shekhar Mahajan|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Women's policy
Sahyog - care for you is a registered voluntary NGO which has been working for the empowerment of underprivileged people since 2002. The word "Sahyog" beckons cooperation. To work in cooperation with each other to make a difference in the lives of underprivileged people, is what Sahyog is all about.
EEqual and integrated community development through mind, education, employment and economics"
Sahyog mission is to empower the poor disabled and disenfranchised in regions of Delhi State to achieve the Gandhian principle of "sarvodaya" (universal uplift). To this end, Sahyog employees right based, people centered, grass root and participatory methods:
• to eliminate socio economic inequality,
• to promote health, nutrition and well being,
• to facilitate self reliance,
• to enable local self governance, to ensure national resource management, and
• to promote peoples advocacy.
• Providing education to slum children
• Child Sexual Abuse: Sahyog has started to counsel children, teachers and parents on this issue to empower children for self defense. We also help victims to fight depression and provide them with free medical treatment.
• Vocational training to women and youth: We aim at manufacturing of low cost sanitary napkins made by Self Help Groups from cotton waste and rags
• Skill development programme: We are running computer training and English speaking course, electrician, beautician, tailoring, computer hardware
• Protection of environment and conservation of nature
• Providing remedial coaching classes to underprivileged children
• Promoting the concept of crèches in slums
• Adult literacy centre
• Providing training and employment to men and women in slums
• Organizing various health camps
• Formation of bal panchayat in different centers of Sahyog for their rights and for the benefits of the children
Shekhar Mahajan is the General Secretary of Sahyog – care for you.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.