The Needy Today (TNT) Sierra Leone10 Alusine Kalla Drive, Magbenteh,
Makeni, Northern Province
|Telefon:||+232-25-358689; +23277548648; +23278308146|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Organisation d'aide
- Politique sociale/hommes handicapés
- Politique + projet d'éducation
The Needy Today is a fully registered National Non-governmental organization that has its head office at 17 Lunsar Road Makeni, Northern Sierra Leone, and branch offices at 34 Bo Road Magburaka, Tonkolili District and 39 Hospital Road, Kambia I, Kambia District and 10 First Back Street, Messima Bo District Southern Province. Presently we operate in 6 districts: Bombali, Koinadugu, Port Loko, Tonkolili, Kambia and Bo Districts.
The organization started in 2005 by Mr. Dauda Ahmid Koroma who is the founder and Executive Director and some other young Sierra Leoneans with the motive of initially providing support to children that were greatly devastated by the eleven year civil war. From inception, we have supported 8945 children in 561 communities within Bombali, Port Loko, Kambia, Tonkolili, Bo and Koinadugu Districts. Presently, we are supporting 361 children from different categories of vulnerability.
Our Support to these children range from psychosocial counseling, quality education, sensitization and advocacy, provision of quality care support including food, clothes and shoes, health and sanitation.
Since then our mandate has opened considerably as we also now provide Protection Support to vulnerable adults. Categories of our protection support includes: psychosocial counseling, education/skills training, livelihood, healthcare more especially on Reproductive Health, WASH, Community advocacy and sensitization, provision of basic necessities like food and clothing. On different schemes we have supported 2,992 adults, and we are presently providing support to 309 adults on different needs.
Among the categories we provide support for, we give more priority to children and women with special focus on orphans, people with disability, under-fives, pregnant and lactating mothers, HIV/ AIDS and off-late Ebola infected and affected individuals..
OUR TARGET BENEFICIARIES
Presently we do provide support to:
- Orphans and other less privileged children
- Deprived women and men
- Persons infected with HIV/AIDS
- People with Disability( PWD)
- Pregnant and lactating mothers
- Ebola infected/affected people
Our aim is to provide assistance to people in deplorable conditions with life changing strategies that would better enhance them overcome those challenges more effectively.
• Child protection(Child sponsorship, foster care and adoption)
• Youth and women empower through education/skills training development, entrepreneurship training, micro finance and agriculture.
• Water and Sanitation measures.
• Campaign against Female Genital Mutilation.
• Campaign against Early/Force marriages
• Programs for foster care and adoption.
• Support to disabled people through education/skills training development, micro financing to enhance entrepreneurship.
• Volunteer services
• Support to Ebola infected and affected people
• Extend to more communities reaching out to more beneficiaries
• Build our own schools and vocational training facilities to enhance education/skills training development
• Build orphanage and recreational facilities for the children we support.
• Extend practical development in agriculture for youths and women with improve techniques.
Dauda A.Koroma is the Founder and Executive Director of The Needy Today (TNT).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.