Poor Man´s Legal AidF.H - 19, Swamiji Pally, Jyangra South Field,
700059 Baguihati, Kolkata
|Phone No.:||+91 09674643315; +91 033-32988358|
|Contact person:||Shyamal Kumar Das|
- Aid organization
- Human rights
- Women's policy
The Poor Man´s Legal Aid is a benevolent non profit Organization established in the year 1993 with the primary purpose of helping the poor people who need legal help and advice.
The executive committee of The Poor Man´s Legal Aid is composed of retired judges, practicing advocates, jurists, senior student of law colleges and people related to various walks of life and provides guidance to the poor on any legal matters.
The organization sets up the following mission: focus on depressed and poor segments of our society; help them to go through the process of legal advices.
Our future lies in adopting various programme for the benefit of the poor and in the upliftment of our society.
We constituted a trust in London, England, which is known as "Poor Man´s Legal Fund." The object of the trust is to help "Poor Man´s Legal Aid from Susanta Basu Law Centre" in India.
Our plans are as follows:
• To arrange and provide in arranging exhibitions, debates, seminars. Participate in the process of legal reform, training courses or to manage law schools, publish or cause to be published useful books on legal matters etc.
• We are also concerned of child rights. We try to make them and their parents aware of their rights through meetings, campaigning and publication of legal paper so that they do not suffer from discrimination, poverty and hunger and lack of access to healthcare and education regardless of race, religion or background.
The objects for which the law centre is being established are:
• To advance education and to relive need of the general public by means of providing facilities for free legal advice/suggestions and assistance to those persons who are poor and disadvantaged.
• To raise funds, invite and receive contributions from any persons whatsoever by way of subscriptions, gifts, loans, grants, donations fees for "poor man´s legal aid" for the purpose of the law centre.
• To purchase, lease or otherwise acquire any property and the rights and privileges necessary for the attainment of the aims and objects and to construct any buildings for the purpose of the law centre.
• To co-operates and collaborates with voluntary bodies and authorities operating in the similar nature o charitable fields and exchange information and advice.
• To fights against social injustice, inhuman, illegal and anti-social activities.
• To do all such acts, deeds, matters and things as may be deemed incidental or conducive for the attainment of the main aims.
• To make regulations for the management of any property which may be acquired for the purpose of the centre?
• To arrange and provide for or join in arranging and providing for holding of exhibitions, meeting, lectures, discussions or seminars or participate in the process of legal reform, training courses or manage law schools or colleges, libraries or arranging small claims' courts, courts or moot courts for the benefit of the public and poor class.
• To appoint learned Advocates, Legal Practitioners, Agents, Muhury, Law Clerk to solve the problems of the poor class.
• To publish or cause to be published useful books, magazines, law journals towards raising any funds for the purpose of the law centre.
• To establish a law institution to provide legal education for the benefit of the public and profits received from the institution should be invested to the aforesaid funds.
• To protect the interest of the members, poor and disabled people.
Shyamal Kumar Das is the Manager of Poor Man´s Legal Aid from Susanta Basu Law Center.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.