Netherlands Leprosy Relief (NLR) FoundationNo. 001, Tower Y-6, Yamuna Apartments, Sector D, Pocket-6, Vasant Kunj
110070 New Delhi
|Phone No.:||+91 1126988325|
|Fax No.:||+91 1126988325|
|Contact person:||Dr. M.A. Arif|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid for developing countries
- Commune, community project
- Social policy/disabled persons
Netherlands Leprosy Relief Foundation (NLRF) is an ISO certified, non-profit, secular, non-governmental organization registered as public charitable trust in 1999. NLRF is a member of International Federation of Anti-Leprosy Associations (ILEP) and supports the National Leprosy Eradication Programme (NLEP).
NRLF believes at a world in which suffering caused by leprosy does not exist anymore and Inclusive development devoid of social exclusion prevails.
NLR Foundation India is working in 120 districts of 7 states of the country - Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Rajasthan and Delhi.
NLRF wants, within the realm of its possibilities:
• to be an efficient and professional partner in worldwide control of the disease.
• to contribute to the prevention of disabilities caused by Leprosy.
• to promote that (ex-) Leprosy patients and their families can fully participate in society and get access to the care they may need.
• to promote that scientific research be implemented in order to enhance the effectiveness of efficiency of Leprosy control.
We aim at:
• Societies in which leprosy will be under control. In these societies health services at all levels ensure that every patient will be diagnosed and treated early so the disease will no longer be a major risk for disabilities & social exclusion.
• Societies in which governments, private companies, NGOs and DPOs join hands to ensure that people with disabilities are enabled to participate as fully and independently as possible,and enabled to use their rights to develop their abilities and rightfully get equal opportunities for their personal development in the context of their families and society at large and treated with dignity.
NLRF provides support to National Leprosy Eradication Programme (NLEP) of India for strengthening the integrated Leprosy services. This support is in accordance with the policies and guidelines contained within the structures of the Ministry of Health, Govt. of India (GOI). NLR support includes:
• Technical advice, to staff carrying out leprosy activities at National, State and District levels.
• Resources, like finance, learning materials, equipments and expertise.
What we do:
Disability Care: Under the first thematic area of disability care, there are 3 major interventions through which we encourage independent living for affected people.
• Self –Care
• Health Camps
• Aids & Appliances
Disability Inclusive Development: In the case of Disability Inclusive Development, community based intervention in the form of:
• Livelihood promotion,
• Vocational training,
• Formation of SHG and Strengthening Disabled People´s Organisation,
• Education support,
• Income generation activities
• Stigma reduction
Dr. M.A. Arif is the CEO of the Netherlands Leprosy Relief Foundation (NLRF),
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff and establish new contacts in the field of our work.