Helping poor women in remote and backward areas of India build microenterprises and become entrepreneurs.B-23, First Floor, Shivalik,
110017 Malaviya Nagar, New Delhi
|Phone No.:||+91-11-26691153, +91-11-26691183|
|Contact person:||Arvind Malik|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid organization
- Women's policy
- Educational policy/project
In 1992, Udyogini was set up to co-ordinate and facilitate management training for grassroots women´s groups for the World Bank Institute-funded Women´s Enterprise Management Training Outreach Program (WEMTOP). This was a three-year participatory action-learning project aimed at developing an appropriate curriculum and visual-based training materials on micro enterprise management to build capacity in NGOs to do enterprise as well as to train women at the grassroots to manage enterprises.
Foster gender equality by improving socio - economic status of women to fully participate in decision making in domestic and public spheres.
Provide customized quality business development services to enable women to enhance their income, access better education and health services for their children with a special focus on girls.
• Skill & Entrepreneurship Training (SET): SET helps to build Knowledge, attitude, aptitude and skills of the participants around business idea generation, feasibility, planning, business costing, pricing and assessing of BEP, market negotiation (working with market).
• Business Counseling: Udyogini provides business counseling services to its internal and external stakeholders to identify, promote, upscale and monitor the enterprises.
• Market Linkages: Udyogini provides market linkage support for understanding the 4Ps (product, place, price, promotion) of the market to both internal and external stakeholders.
• Financial Linkages: Financial linkages for enterprises through a range of opportunities is explored by Udyogini and implemented as per the needs of the enterprises.
• Institution Building: Udyogini supports grassroot stakeholders to build community institutions comprising entirely of women from the community and managed by them. The institution building exercise comprises of assessment of various institutional options through internal workshops and discussions and finalization of the preferred option. Some of the institutions supported by Udyogini comprise of Women enterprise groups, producer institutions and supported by business development service providers.
• Social Security: Udyogini understands that while engaging women in entrepreneurial activity it is important to provide social security support comprising of health and education. The interventions comprise of : Creches for children in the age group of 0-6 years where they are provided playway education, nutrition security and immunization support; Functional literacy for adult women and improving their skills in reading, writing, maintaining WEG records and doing basic calculations.
Arvind Malik is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Udyogini.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.