Markazul Ma´arif (NGO)Markaz Road, Madani Nagar
Hojai, Nagaon, Assam (PIN 782435)
|Phone No.:||+91- 3674- 252340 / 250042|
|Fax No.:||+91- 3674- 253199|
|Contact person:||M. BURHANUDDIN QASMI|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
Markazul Ma´arif, a voluntary social-welfare Non-Government Organisation in India with the sole motto of striving for the upliftment of economically and educationally backward segment of society.
To improve educational condition, the organisation offers scholarships to a vast number of poor but meritorious students who cannot afford to pursue higher education owing to financial constraints.
The publications of books in many languages (Assamese, Manipuri, Bengali Marathi, Hindi, Urdu, English and Arabic) have been brought under the purview of the organisation to make the people familiar with Islam and its core teachings.
In addition, Makatib (Islamic elementary schools) have been established to enlighten the children on the basic tenets of Islam.
Markaz also serves the victims of natural calamities by extending relief and rehabilitation measures. Medical camps are arranged to provide free treatment and medicines to the patients at the outbreak of epidemics.
In short, Markazul Ma´arif helps by initiating and supporting programmes for the supply of food, safe water, primary health care, adequate sanitation, agricultural development, education, basic child care, skill training, income generation, job oriented technical education and by providing relief during emergencies i.e. communal riots, flood and earthquake. Skilled development among rural people and income generation programmes for them is our top priority. The principal objective of all these programmes is to enable the poor to stand on their own feet.
• Education: Establishments of English Medium Schools, (32 schools till 2017), Scholarship; Book Bank; Establishment of Higher Educational Institutions; Career Guidance Cell; Public Library etc.
• Madrasa Modernization: Established Markazul Ma’arif Education and Research Centre (MMERC) which has 9 affiliated branches across India to train and educate fresh madrasa graduates with English language and modern communication skills.
• Islamic Education: Established and sponsored Maktabs (elementary morning or evening schools) 1158 so far.
• Job orientated training camps: It organizes Training Camps, Seminars and Symposium in rural as well urban areas of northeast region of India. The organization also helps in providing suitable placements for candidates who have gone through the trainings under Govt. aided courses or our self-sponsored skilled trainings.
• Agriculture: Markaz has undertaken projects to train farmers so that they can make use of modern tools & scientific methods to obtain maximum production by using high-breed seeds. To achieve this goal, Markaz has set up a multifarious agricultural farm in Assam under its Krishi Vigyan Kendra (KVK), a turnkey project of ICAR.
• Welfare activities: Supply of Drinking Water; Waiting Sheds; Environmental Promotion Campaign
• Relief & Aids: Health Care; Housing Aid; Marriage Aid, Relief distribution and rescue during emergency or natural calamities.
• Orphan Care: Full support and sheltering of orphans (both boys and girls) with better education. 6 Orphanages are running in different parts of Assam and Manipur.
• Setting up of ´Markaz Offset Printing Press´.
• Vocational Training Institute for Handicapped.
• Bringing Daily Newspapers in English and Assamese.
M. BURHANUDDIN QASMI is the Director of Markazul Ma´arif Education & Research Centre (MMERC).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.