Eco-Watch# 403, 5th Main, 18th Cross, 3rd Block,
560 011 Jayanagar, Bangalore
|Telefon:||+91 080-22453422; +91 9448273488|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Organisation d'aide
- Organisation de l'environnement
- Projet d'environnement
Eco-Watch was established in 1998 by Suresh Heblikar, a wellknown filmmaker and environmentalist with its key objective of spreading a message of environmental conservation through relevant, focused yet diverse programmes and activities.
These outreach activities are aimed at building awareness about various environmental issues and concerns among student communities, organisations, corporate entities and the masses, in a simple yet effective manner. This will hopefully create an eco-conscious culture which will help protect and improve existing ecological and environmental conditions in both urban and rural areas.
The activities include ongoing research based projects and programmes, thematic campaigns, field studies, surveys and documentation in collaboration with our technical associates-inspired and dedicated people who offer us the wealth of their experience and expertise.
• Create awareness on the importance of safeguarding our environment through workshops, seminars, field-studies and relevant programmes
• Promote and encourage research in environment, conservation and sustainable development
• Implement projects to improve, enrich and enhance environmental quality and protect existing, fast disappearing and degrading ecosystems
• Inform and influence individuals / institutions whose decisions affect the environment and ecology and in turn, human existence on this planet
• Produce multi-lingual resources & information material such as films, posters, publications, etc., and telecast / distribute them to reach out to a larger audience.
Our vision is to create a global community which values and protects our environment.
Our mission is to sensitize, influence and support communities to protect our natural heritage and to ensure that natural resources are judiciously utilized for an ecologically sustainable future.
• Environmental Education and Awareness Programmes
• Field Research
• Eco-Restoration & Conservation Programmes
• Resource, Information and Communication Packages
• Rural Development
• Project Green Karnataka: This project has been initiated since 2008 with a range of multi-disciplinary activities for the benefit of all stakeholder groups.
• Tropical Gene Bank: This project aims at conserving indigenous species from the Western Ghats which are under threat of extinction.
• Conservation of Tropical Fruit Trees: The current project aims at identifying different varieties of the above-mentioned species, documenting traditional knowledge; adding value to products and helping the community rebuild traditional practices and enhance their economic independence.
• Centre for Tourism, Culture and Environmental Research: Establishment of an integrated centre for learning in the Western Ghats region which will focus on responsible and eco-cultural tourism linking cultural studies and environmental research to conserve and promote fast disappearing cultural and natural heritage.
• Integrated ECO-Park Project: The key objective is to protect this massive Kelageri lake which supports farming, agriculture, horticulture, provides drinking water and also a bio-diverse region supporting a range of flora and fauna. The overall objective is to protect the lake by checking soil erosion, ensuring freshwater inflow into the lake and eventually by enriching the micro-climatic condition of the region.
• The Green School Project: The objective of this programme is to create awareness about key environmental issues, sensitize the community and equip them with necessary tools to address them.
Akshay Heblikar is the Director & Trustee of Eco-Watch.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.