Animal Advocate e.V.Dorstener Str. 525
|Phone No.:||+49 (0)208 6988177|
|Contact person:||Sandra Foltin|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
Animal Advocates works exclusively and directly for charitable purposes. At present, our tasks consist mainly of four areas:
On the one hand, we actively promote the protection of animal welfare.
On the other hand, the "dogs-on-wheels" association is dedicated to the social welfare of people with physical and mental health problems, using animal-based therapy and communication.
In addition, we are engaged in the protection of nature and species. Through our fourth focus, seminars, events and further education courses, we impart knowledge in various fields and on various subject areas.
The objectives are achieved by means of the rescue and placement of needy dogs and other animals, which we do without the intention of making a profit, as well as by educating the public through discussions and events.
We also promote the welfare of socially, mentally or physically handicapped people, in particular
• the improvement of the quality of life of those taking part
• the avoidance of social isolation which is not socially appropriate
• bringing people out of their social isolation.
This is achieved by encouraging the interaction between humans and animals and, in the first instance, by the use of animals in the context of animal-based communication ("dogs-on-wheels").
Projects and programs
• Dogs on Wheels: This is carried out by the voluntary commitment of the founding members as well as volunteer employees who visit retirement homes, handicapped workshops and other charitable institutions with their dogs, in order to give pleasure and/or improve people's quality of life through these encounters. The animal welfare concept is also pursued through training people to be pet-assistant therapists, focussing on the humane use of dogs.
• Seminars: Native birds - migration and destination; Footprints in the forest; What is living in your own garden? Bats; Migration of waste tips; International protection of species; Animal-assisted therapy
• Animal placement
Sandra Foltin is the President of Animal Advocates.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.