Blue Dragon Children´s FoundationPO Box 297, International Post Office
|Telefon:||(+84) 4 3717 0544; (+84) 169 4088 560|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Organisation d'aide
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Politique sociale/hommes handicapés
Blue Dragon Children´s Foundation is an Australian charity working in Vietnam with children in crisis. Founded by Michael Brosowski. Blue Dragon started in 2003 giving English lessons to street kids. Enlisting the help of one of his university students, Pham Sy Chung, Michael teaches weekly classes in English, maths, art and yoga to 5-10 shoeshine boys. They start a football team. More and more kids seek their help, and by the end of 2003, Michael and Chung decide to create their own organisation: Blue Dragon is born.
Blue Dragon International is the Australian partner of Blue Dragon Children´s Foundation. Blue Dragon International is based in Australia and is driven by a voluntary Board of Directors and members. Blue Dragon International provides professional and strategic support for Blue Dragon´s work in Vietnam and assists in building the profile of Blue Dragon through fundraising and community events.
We believe that all children have the right to be children. We work together with children to provide the opportunities they deserve and the safe space to be who they are. Any child we reach out to is treated with respect.
Blue Dragon kids are street kids, children with disabilities, children from rural families living in extreme poverty, and victims of human trafficking and slavery. Our aim is to rescue kids from danger, reunite them with their families when we can, and provide all the services needed for recovery and growth.
At Blue Dragon today, we provide many services and more, tailored to the individual needs of each child: education, nutrition, health care, counselling, physical and creative activities, rescue, legal advocacy and safe shelter led by our team of social workers, psychologists, teachers and lawyers.
• Step Ahead: Blue Dragon´s Outreach Team and Drop-in Centre are the first contact for children in crisis in Hanoi. We provide emergency care and long-term opportunities to break out of poverty for at least 400 vulnerable children at any one time.
• Stay in School: Blue Dragon provides over 850 rural children from poor families in Bac Ninh, Hue and Dien Bien Provinces who are at high risk of dropping out of school with uniforms, stationery, text books, school bags and school fees.
• Safe and Sound: Blue Dragon has rescued 386 children trafficked for child labour in Vietnam. We return children to their families, provide long-term support, educate communities and assist in prosecuting traffickers.
• Project X: Blue Dragon has rescued 187 young woman trafficked out of Vietnam to the Chinese sex trade direct from their places of slavery. We follow up with all the care needed, from health-checks and counselling to long-term educational support.
Yumi K.C. is the Communications & Fundraising Manager of the Blue Dragon Children´s Foundation (BDCF).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.