Society for Sustainable Development (SSD)Near Pandey Ka Kua, Hindaun Road,
322241 Karauli, Rajasthan
|Phone No.:||+91 07464-250288; +91 09414683683|
|Fax No.:||+91 07464-220065|
|Contact person:||Arun Jindal, Sunita Kasera|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Women's policy
Since 1994, Society for Sustainable Development (SSD) is an organisation, centred at Karauli District, Rajasthan, has been working towards achieving sustainable development for the people of the district.
SSD aims to bring economic progress and social development through sunstainable means by utilizing the present natural resources and and human skills for further creating new means to improve the sustenance of the people.
To establish a society where justice, equity and peace prevails.
Society of Sustainable Development (SSD) exists to work and enable the poor to improve their lives by being an enabler and developing their capacity to do work.
• Conservation& Management of natural resources through community action
• Creation of employable activities in order to invigorate a sustainable livelihood system.
• Promote saving and thrift activities
• Promote and support skill enhancement of youth and women folk
• Promote community based health management system
• Promote local self-Governance, through Capacity building of villagers.
• Improve quality of elementary education.
Area of work:
• Natural Resource Management: National Environment Awareness Campaign (NEAC): SSD emphasized on the awareness among farmers/general public about impacts of climate change on agriculture cultivation, community participation in Plantation, students and vehicle owner involvement in pollution checking. For this sake SSD conducted a seminar in Karauli to sentient general public, workshop in villages to aware farmers about climate change and adaptation, competition among students about climate change, plantation by community and pollution checkup in city.
• Child Rights: International Day of Girl Child-2012: Stop Child Marriage
• Livelihood: Functional Vocational Training: SSD provided vocational training to rural school dropout youth and opportunities to the poor youth especially from deprived communities in gainful employment/Self employment. Mason Training; Self Help Groups:
• Governance: Women Political Empowerment and leadership development; Pre-Election Voters Gender Awareness Campaign; Local self government
• Education: Improving Quality Education: Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA)is an effort to universalize elementary education by community ownership of the school system; Annual Survey for Education Report: Awareness for the child rights
• Health: ASHA Ttaining: For insuring better health of the society and to aware the people for being healthy; Total Sanitation Campaign; Community based Health Management System: SSD´s mobile clinic services. Starting drug distribution center managed by villages themselves.Organizing Health camps in villages.
Arun Jindal is the Executive Director of the Society for Sustainable Development (SSD).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.