Rural Development Foundation-Pakistan (RDF)31-Mauve Area, G - 9 /1, RDF Chowk, P.O.Box 1170
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Politique sociale/hommes handicapés
- Communauté, projet communal
Rural Development Foundation of Pakistan (RDF), a non-political, non-profit making and non-governmental organization (NGO) recognized at the national as well as international level, was founded in June 1978 by Dr. M. Sadiq Malik. At national level it has grass-roots (village level) NGOs/CBOs (Community Based Organizations) as its members and is linked globally through various NGO networks in Asia, Europe, Africa, South and North America.
RDF mission is to act as a facilitator in order to make the people aware of their potentials as a force to undertake their development according to their own aspiration and priorities. RDF strategy is village based, people-centered, action-oriented, self-reliant, environmentally sustainable integrated agricultural and rural development programme to alleviate poverty and to improve the quality of life of the rural poor.
The focus of the foundation is on the target group(s), which comprises of marginal farmers, landless labourers, artisans, craftsman, dropouts, women and youth, who are either under-developed or un-employed and living in the villages below the poverty line and constitute the vast majority of the rural population.
Aims and Objectives
• To facilitate and assist the village community to organize Village Development Committees (VDCs) to undertake surveys, to identify problems, formulate small projects and implement the development programmes/projects.
• To train the VDCs to improve their management capacity and expertise in formulation of small projects.
• To carry out research on various aspects of rural development
• To foster and develop contacts with rural development organizations both in Pakistan and abroad to share knowledge and experience
• Acting as a think-tank to organize seminars, workshops, forums to discuss and document the deliberations on different rural development issues
• To publish and disseminate information to member NGOs/CBOs (National Network)
RDF Field of Activities
• Agriculture and human resource development
• Health (Mother & Child Care),
• Drinking Water and Sanitation
• Education and Skills Development
• Rural Industries
• Micro-enterprises and micro-financing and income generation projects
• Vocational training of women and youth
• Human Rights
• Institutional Building / Capacity Building
Sara Balouch is the Programme Officer of Rural Development Foundation-Pakistan (RDF).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.