Nandini Social Welfare Society (NSWS)Shilpukhuri, Guwahati-3,
781003 Kamrup(M), Assam
|Phone No.:||+91 9401584009|
|Contact person:||Arup Kumar Chowdhury|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Social policy/disabled persons
Nandini Social Welfare Society (NSWS) was founded as a non-profit organization in October 2005, head quartered at Rangapara. We work towards the betterment of the quality of lives of very poor people through women and adolescence groups. It strongly believes that change can be brought about through building capacities of communities. NSWS provided various awareness and trainings to the rural and urban poor especially women, tribal and scheduled caste for their economic self-sustenance.
Our mission is to improve the status of the rural people through social action.
We envision a society where the poor and deprive people can live with equality and prosperity as they deserve.
The development and welfare is achieved through awareness program and various training on handloom textiles and handicraft product, providing rural education and adult education etc. implementing and supporting various projects and schemes, mentioned in the by law.
• Promote & support the rural area, socio-economically backward people for their economic upliftment.
• Focus on various income generating activities.
• Women empowerment and child development.
• Proper utilization of local resources.
• Financial support to Self-Help Group as their requirement.
NSWS core activities are concentrated on evaluation, development, implementation, management, counseling and monitoring of the following:
• Developing the capacity and status of the rural people
• Capacity building of the women & youths and other NGOs also
• Help to develop and maintain the standard of the health sector (Especially for the child); AIDS/HIV Awareness Program
• Income generating projects within the North-East Region
• Developing the educational level within the North-East, with the target being self-sufficiency: Financial Literacy Program; Free Computer Training Program for SC & ST Students
• Constructing new shelters and rehabilitation centers for the Disabled and Older Persons and also for the women & girls who are the victim of the domestic violence and others
• Constructing water wells, installing reverse osmosis (RO) filter systems, water and sewage networks especially within isolated regions; Sanitation Program
• Organizing Disaster Management Awareness and Relief Camps
• Third party monitoring and evaluation (including ex post and cluster evaluation)
• Legal and protection assistance
• Environment Awareness Program
• Plantation Program
Arup Kumar Chowdhury is the General Secretary of Nandini Social Welfare Society (NSWS).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.