A brighter future for children1030 E EL Camino Real, #424
CA 94087 Sunnyvale
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Organisation d'aide
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Politique sociale/hommes handicapés
Vibha is a US-based, volunteer run, non-profit, non-religious, non-political organization, founded in 1991 and working to ensure health, education and economic opportunities for underprivileged children in India and the US. Since our inception in 1991, Currently, Vibha supports 30 projects in India and 7 projects in the US.
Our mission is to educate, empower and enable every individual who wishes to make a positive difference in the life of the underprivileged child.
Vibha´s vision is to ensure that every under privileged child attains his, or her right to health, education and opportunity.
Vibha brings together the combined skills and actions of volunteers, donors, social entrepreneurs and NGOs to a common platform to find sustainable solutions to the problems faced by under-privileged children.
• Vocational training
• Care for physically and/or mentally challenged children
• Rescue and rehabilitation of children in vulnerable conditions
Vibha focuses on the following types of projects:
• Primary education of children within the age group of 6 to 18
• Non-formal education of children within the age group of 0 to 18
• Vocational training and training on skills that could provide livelihood in addition to education
• Prevention of child mortality and debilitating diseases
• Early childhood care and education for children below the age of 6
• Provision of physical and mental health care for children and pre-natal care for women
• Eradication of child labor and the associated rehabilitation
• Creating awareness and influencing policy makers on child related issues
• Girl child related issues: Vibha believes that in most parts of India, girl children are not yet treated at par with male children. They are denied education, forced into household work and often subjected to infanticide. Vibha also believes that the girl child in future can have a greater impact on society as mothers, teachers and caregivers for young children.
Vivek Sharma is the Office Manager of Vibha.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff and establish new contacts in the field of our work.