M-Lisada Africa Foundation47 Greene Street, #4E
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Aide pour des pays en voie de dévellopement
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Politique sociale/hommes handicapés
The M-Lisada Africa Foundation (the Foundation) is a New York not-for-profit corporation, and was formed in 2011. The Foundation was established exclusively for charitable purposes. Our primary purpose is to fund programs of, or in cooperation with M-Lisada, Uganda, or other similar Ugandan organizations that serve the same class of people (orphans and vulnerable children).
Our mission is to reduce the number of children living on the streets in Uganda, by providing them with a home, an education, and protection.
M-Lisada strives to restore dignity and self-confidence through the teaching of life skills, music, and the arts, thereby improving the lives of vulnerable children and their chances for the future.
M-Lisada (music, life skills, and destitution alleviation) is an independent grass-roots organization that uses music and the performing arts to attract children from the streets of Kampala, in Uganda. Located in Nsambya Parish, M-Lisada acts as a daytime refuge and home for destitute children from 7 to 17 years of age.
• Reclaim, rehabilitate, integrate, and reunite more street children with their families.
• Provide additional housing and medical care for more children.
• Provide academic and vocational education, life skills, and counseling for marginalized children in Uganda.
• Develop capacity building for the staff.
• Create awareness about the plight of the street children in Uganda and condemn any acts of violence, discrimination, or gender inequality against these children.
• Provide adequate nutritional food for our children.
• Replicate M-Lisada´s successful and unique combination of guidance, protection, self-sustainability, and music throughout Uganda.
• Evaluation and Monitoring Program
• Sponsoring a Child
• Vocational Schools
• HIV Prevention
• Palliative Care and Anti Retroviral Therapy (ART) services for HIV positive Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC)
• Monitoring of Activities
• Street Rehabilitation
• Peer-to-Peer Project
• Kampiringisa Rehabilitation Center
• The Little Family and Brass for Africa funded and facilitated the creation of Uganda´s first instrument repair workshop, operated by M-Lisada.
• In addition to the funds raised by performing, M-Lisada generates income though leasing our vehicles when not in use, a soap production program, craft sales, and athletic competitions.
• The Amazing Girls Club
• The M-Lisada Junior Court
• M-Lisada bought eight acres of land off of Bombo Road, 40 kilometers outside of Kampala. We are planning to build a vocational school and a children’s home in this safe, clean environment.
• Music: Almost all take part in the performing programs—the Brass Band, Jazz Band, Cultural Dance, Drama, and Acrobatics.
• Athletics: M-Lisada´s Soccer Academy sponsors soccer activities for our residents and the street children.
• Arts and Crafts: The M-Lisada children produce beautiful cards, jewelry, art pieces, baskets, and small wallets and bags. We exhibit and sell our work at craft exhibitions.
Rochelle Zabarkes is the President of the M-Lisada Africa Foundation.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.