Committee for Legal Aid to Poor (CLAP)Bimala Devi Memorial Building, Plot No. 367, Sector-6, Markat Nagar,
753014 Cuttack, Orissa
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Organisation d'aide
- Droits de l'Homme
- Politique + projet d'éducation
The Legal Service Institute managed by CLAP, the acronym of Committee for Legal Aid to Poor, is a Non-Governmental Voluntary Organisation. CLAP is a public interest law organization with a mission to render legal services pro-bono to strengthen access to justice and undertakes juridical advocacy for legal reform. It originated in the year 1982 to broaden the horizon of legal aid to poor to overcome poverty.
Over the years it evolved as a specialized organization in the field of law and justice. Broadly the Legal Service Institute endeavours to eliminate injustice from the society and engaged to promote justice.
CLAP visualises a society where justice and equity prevails irrespective of sex, religion, caste, creed, colour and socio-economic status.
The mission statement of CLAP reflects its commitment towards accomplishment of human rights with dignity, democratic development and environmental justice. The principle of rule of law is the fundamental premise within which the mission is being envisaged.
Elimination of all forms of discrimination, exploitation and injustice on women, children, scheduled caste, scheduled tribes, minorities, people living below poverty line and exclusion of all those institutions that perpetuates Poverty or causes deprivation of entitlements.
Projects and Campaigns:
• In Defence of Media Independence supported by Media Legal Defence Initiative (MLDI), UK
• Facilitating community for claiming Community Forest Right (CFR).
• In Defence of Child Project supported by Bernard van Leer Foundation, the Netherlands.
• Training of Paralegals of Odisha State Legal Service Authority supported by United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), New Delhi.
• Training of Paralegal Voluteers of Eight North East States including Sikkim supported by Department of Justice, Ministry of Law & Justice, Govt. of India.
• CRC-7 Campaign: CRC-7 Campaign is a child centred advocacy initiative for realisation of Universal Civil Registration of Children.
• National Campaign for ECCE Right (NCER): Securing Transition of Children from Home Environment to School Environment
• Liberated Childhood Movement: LCM is an Anti-Slavery and Anti-Restraint People´s Movement for realisation of Rights of Children and to respect for Dignity of Children as Persons.
Bikash Das is the Executive President of the Committee for Legal Aid to Poor (CLAP).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.