Society for the Welfare of Autistic Children (SWAC)70/Ka Pisciculture, Shyamoli,
|Telefon:||+880 (0)2 58150565, +88 01711632861,+88 01866964750|
|Ansprechpartner:||Md. Mofijul Islam|
- Freiwillige Helfer sind willkommen.
- Sozialpolitik/behinderte Menschen
Society for the Welfare of Autistic Children (SWAC) was formed by a group of dedicated parents of children with autism in 2000 with the aim of educating, training and rehabilitating children, adolescents and adults with autism to develop and perform to their fullest potential, making them independent and active members of the society, enabling them to integrate and contribute to the mainstream of national development and establishing their rights as citizens of this country.
SWAC is a pioneer, non–profit, non–government, non-political and voluntary organization rendering services to individuals with autism and their families in order to improve the quality of their lives for over seventeen years.
An autism friendly world where all children adolescents adults with autism have equal rights, participation and opportunities in every aspect of life, integrate into all mainstream activities and lead meaningful lives with dignity and respect that they deserve.
• To develop modern, excellent quality and appropriate education, training and variety of services and facilities for children, adolescents and adults with autism in order to maximize their full potential and make them independent and active members of the society regardless of their race, religion, caste or creed.
• To facilitate a barrier free environment, improve the quality of lives and empower the individuals with autism and their families. Transform the autism population into assets instead of being a burden to the society.
• Create mass awareness about autism in order to eradicate prejudice preconceived ideas and promote positive mindsets and attitudes.
The present activities of SWAC include:
• Special education and training centre,
• Vocational training/Work & Activity Centre
• Diagnosis and assessment,
• Package program,
• Parent training programs,
• Teacher training programs,
• Integration of high functioning children with autism into normal schools,
• Awareness programs, seminars, workshops, outing programs,
• Publishing newsletters and annual magazine.
SWAC is running two special sections/centres for underprivileged disabled children (Dhaka) and for the children with autism and other disabilities from indigenous community, Rangamati Hill District, Rangamati.
Mofijul Islam is the Deputy Director of the Society for the Welfare of Autistic Children (SWAC).
Any kind of your support or any funding /project will encourage us to move forward for the greater interest of the children and adults with autism and other disabilities.
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.
‘Society for the Welfare of Autistic Children' (SWAC) is looking for project support/donation from the donor agency and generous individual to run its present activities. We had a cooperation project with the Finnish Association for Autism and Asperger Syndrome, Keskuspuisto Vocational Centre, Finland
We would be grateful to you if you kindly come forward to support our cause. We are also looking for therapist(Volunteer).
For any query please don't hesitate to get in touch with us.
Md Mofijul Islam
Society for the Welfare of Autistic Children(SWAC)
70/KA, Pisciculture, Shyamoli
Tel:88 02 58150565, Cell + 88 01866964750
+ 88 01712793662
email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com