BoscoBan (Bangalore Oniyavara Seva Coota)Yuvodaya 91, ´B´ Street, 6th Cross, Gandhinagar,
560009 Karnataka, Bangalore
|Telefon:||+91 8022253392, +91 8022424138|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Organisation d'aide
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Politique sociale/hommes handicapés
Bangalore Oniyavara Seva Coota (BOSCO), more commonly known as BOSCO is a project of the Salesians of Don BOSCO (SDB). BOSCO is a registered Non Profitable Charitable Organization. Constituted in 1980, we offer service to the Young at Risk like - children living on the streets, child labourers, abandoned/orphaned children, victims of drug abuse, victims of child abuse, begging children, rag pickers etc. Now, BOSCO has spread its wings across the city of Bangalore through 7 rehabilitation centres & 6 street presence locations
To build a community that will unreservedly care for its children through a preventive and promotional approach which supports children and activates forces in the society that favour them.
To encourage the young at risk to join the mainstream of society as educated and productive citizens by partnering with the children in their daily struggle to grow off the streets.
• Counseling: We provide two types of counseling: Initial counseling and Intensive counseling. At the end of the counselling the child is either reinstated into his family or placed in one of its centres for rehabilitation. In some exceptional cases the child is referred to other care institutions.
• Home Placement: Home placement finds its core importance among all our activities. BOSCO believes that the Child belongs to his/her home and that is where the children can grow up best.
• Tracing Missing Children: BOSCO is the nodal agency for the state for the missing child bureau as per the proceeding of Government of Karnataka.
• Education: BOSCO intends to support these children for their higher education in different trades with the help of well wishers and like minded people who could support these children to puruse the education further.
• Vocational Training: Vocational training coupled with Non-Formal Education is provided to those children above 14 years of age, who show too much resistance towards formal education. The vocational training includes welding, carpentry, two-wheeler mechanism, computer training, tailoring etc.
• Job Placement: After completing the vocational training, we place these children in different job setting according to their qualification.
• Room Placement: Room placement for older boys nearing the age of 18 years is an activity to help them become independent. The job placed boys are assisted in procuring a separate rented room outside BOSCO´s residential facility.
• Advocacy: Legal intervention on behalf of victimized children is one of our chief activity. We intervene in cases where children are abused/unjustly treated by employers or exploited by.
• Health Care: Giving better medical service to the children is one of our major concerns.
• Personality Enhancement: Personality Enhancement has a vital aspect among our services. Such measures help to develop positive attitudes in life, facilitate growth in resilience, recognize and understand the personalities and bring awareness of hazards that adversely affect the physical health.
• Child Labor Eradication: BOSCO through its Child Labor project aims at the termination of child labor gradually and to ensure the change in mindset of these innocent kids to get in to normal and dignified life.
• HIV/AIDS Awareness: We organize plenty of awareness programs in order to make young people on the streets to be aware about HIV/AIDS and its transmission.
• National Research and Documentation (NRD): It is one of the important elements of BOSCO´s activities aimed at providing for building a strong intellectual base essential for the kind of work it is involved in.
Mathew Thomas is the Chief Functionary of Bangalore Oniyavara Seva Coota (BOSCO).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.