West Africa Centre for Peace Foundation WACPFP.O.Box KN 19 Kaneshie
|Phone No.:||+233242743124; +233264600311|
|Contact person:||Wisdom Addo|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Peace politics
- Educational policy/project
- Environmental project
The West Africa Centre for Peace Foundation (WACPF) is a non-governmental organization that serves young generations in schools and communities through education of human rights, gender issues, conflict resolution, leadership and peace building in Ghana. WACPF is an official Ghanaian Chapter of PeaceJam Foundation. PeaceJam Foundation, a non-profit organization founded in 1996 in Denver Colorado, is an international education program that connects youth with Nobel Peace Laureates with the goal of creating a generation of young people committed to positive change in themselves, their communities, and the world.
Our vision is to promote peaceful coexistence and respect for all
Our mission is to empower the young generation through education and skills building in nonviolence, human rights and advocacy for social change in schools and communities.
• To provide youth with the necessary skills in peace building, leadership and nonviolence.
• To promote and propagate the teachings of peace and justice to develop young peoples’ understanding and commitments to these concepts
• To increase knowledge about different aspects of conflict and to develop lifestyles that promotes conflict resolution
• To provide a platform for youth in service to their communities around human right issues.
• Promotion of Peace: In this difficult period of struggle for world peace, the West Africa Centre for Peace Foundation (WACPF) acknowledges the issue of peaceful coexistence; tolerance, equality, and respect for human rights of people, fairness, justice and global understanding should stand paramount on its agenda. WACPF have programmes that promote peace in schools and communities that involves tolerance, respect for the human rights, fairness, justice and global understanding through the following avenues.
• Education/Advocacy/Peace Building/Conflict Prevention: A standard-based curriculum designed to stimulate youths´ critical thinking skills, strengthen their research skills, increase their conflict resolution and leadership skills, and promote reflection and action. Youth generate ideas for their own service-learning projects within the framework of the Global Call to Action that address the root causes of the most pressing issues facing their communities including poverty, racism, violence, and environmental problems.
• Inspiration: 13 Nobel Peace Laureates and the Youth Participants Themselves: Youth explore the personal stories of 13 Nobel Peace Laureates-most of whom have overcome tremendous challenges.
• Action: Global Call to Action Projects Aligned with High Quality Service-Learning Standards: PeaceJam puts youth in the authentic position of being peacemakers and peace builders who address the most pressing issues of our time in both local and global communities.
• Youth Development Activities & Community Programmes.: A training program designed for community youth groups focus on conflict management, peace building, and reconciliation to build networks of support within the community that empowers and enable young people to take action and make change.
• Charitable Activities & Social Aid: WACPF will bring relief to the poor, the needy and the vulnerable in society by dispensing relief items, food and related items to the disadvantaged and afflicted. WACPF draw up a sustainable programme of intervention to promote the well-being of street children, support prisons, hospitals and donate to orphanage homes. WACPF will collaborate with organizations dealing directly with relief to support communities in times of need.
Wisdom Addo is the Founder & Leader of the West Africa Centre for Peace Foundation (WACPF).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.