Disha OrganizationRaichur near opec hospital Raichur
|Phone No.:||+918095017604; 199945892414|
|Contact person:||Mr. Venkatesh|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Educational policy/project
- Environmental project
Disha Organization stems from the understanding that the youth in India forms one of the most vulnerable groups, who on the one hand are expected to be the leaders to determine the destiny of India, and on the other lack essential information and opportunities to succeed in life.
Youth in the age group of 15-29 years comprises 27.5% of the population. There exists a huge potential to increase the contribution of this class of the nation’s citizenry by increasing their labour force participation and their productivity.
Disha is a non-profit organization which has its origins in Raichur, was initiated in 2015 and emerged from the idea of providing students with access to information and opportunities.
1. Rural youth
2. Urban youth of disadvantaged communities
Challenges of youth education and employment
According to the World Development Report 2013, 9% of males and 11% females aged between 15 to 24 years are unemployed.
• Lack of awareness among youth on admissions in schools, colleges, and specifically in professional courses.
• Lack of awareness of different course among the rural and urban students
• Weak economic status prevents youth from utilizing their potential
• Severe urban – rural divide in terms of education and career opportunities
• A high percentage of youth, after graduation at Bachelor’s level or at post-graduation levels in engineering, medicine, Law, nursing, and other disciplines remain unemployed or are under-employed and under-paid. This is primarily due to lack of professional and employment driven training.
• Youth are not encouraged to pursue careers in line with their vocational interests. They have to accept whatever job opportunity comes their way. Disha enables Indian youth to pursue a career, which is in line with their aptitudes, interests, and capabilities.
Mission – Every student for right education with right career opportunities!
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.