Verein TibetfreundeKramgasse Postfach 825
3000 Bern 8
|Telefon:||+41 (0)62 751 02 93; +41 31 311 37 36|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Aide pour des pays en voie de dévellopement
- Organisation d'aide
- Droits de l'Homme
Verein Tibetfreunde is an Association for Development, Support and Humanitarian Aid for Tibetans in Himalayan Countries. Our Non-Profit-Organisation Verein Tibetfreunde was founded by a team of committed Swiss women in 1988.
The Bern Prize for Freedom and Human Rights was awarded in the same year to HH the 14th Dalai Lama. He presented half of the prize money as startup capital with his best wishes.
• Our society Verein Tibetfreunde coordinates sponsorships for Tibetan children in need, aged persons, nuns, monks and students in India and Nepal
• Additionally we support projects for education, health and agriculture in India, Nepal and Tibet, for the survival of Tibetan culture and religion and for the defence of human rights.
• We are a society for joint development work and humanitarian aid in countries of the Himalayan region
• We work closely with the various departments of the Tibetan Government in Exile in Dharamsala
TIBETFREUNDE supports these project categories:
• Sponsorship for children and for aged and infirm Tibetans in India and Nepal.
• Construction and maintenance of day and boarding schools.
• Construction and maintenance of clinics.
• Procurement and despatch of medicines.
• Support for agricultural projects.
• Cultural initiatives.
• Urgent Cases
• Lha´s soup kitchen: Lha´s Soup Kitchen feeds 40-50 refugees each day.
• Tibetan Delek Hospital
• Poverty alleviation Scheme of the CTRC
• Earthquake in Nepal
• Sherab Choeling Institute, India
• Dalai Lama Institute for higher Education, Bangalore
A sponsorship means to participate, to finance a student through boarding school, to give an elderly person the chance to spend the rest of his days in dignity, to support a novice in a monastery or nunnery or to make academic studies possible for someone.
The following types of sponsorships are available through Tibetfreunde:
• Tibetan refugee children who attend school in India/Nepal
• Indigent elderly Tibetans in India/Nepal
• Needy Tibetan nuns and monks in India/Nepal
• Tibetan Students in colleges and universities in India
Samra Losinger is Convenor Section Bern and Sponsorship Coordinator via TCV and CTRC
For other net participants we can procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.