Rural Litigation and Entitlement Kendra (RLEK)68/1 Surya lok Colony, Rajpur Road
248001 Dehradun, Uttarakhand
|Phone No.:||+91-135-2746071; +91-135-2745539|
|Contact person:||Avdhash Kaushal|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid organization
- Educational policy/project
- Women's policy
The genesis of Rural Litigation and Entitlement Kendra (RLEK) can be traced back to the late 1970s when a group of young people started development work amongst tribal hill communities in the areas of Jaunsar-Bawar a predominantly tribal belt of Dehradun district. RLEK was formally registered in 1989. We work for the upliftment of the indigenous groups, marginalized population, women and children in claiming their rights and entitlements, making them aware, conducting trainings, run schools for their children.
Achieving a just and sustainable society.
To empower indigenous groups, marginalised populations, women and children to claim their rights and entitlements under the Constitution of India.
• To work on economic and social problems of the poor and unprivileged, particularly women, by organizing them into community based groups.
• To empower women and build capacities by providing information and knowledge regarding local self-governance.
• To mobilise women through training, networking and by providing institutional support, to contest elections and bring about gender equity in local self-governance.
• To provide education to tribal, nomads and other marginalised sections through formal and innovative non–formal programmes.
• To work for conservation, environmental enrichment, and the spreading of awareness of environmental issues.
• To involve participation of forest dependent communities in conservation and sustainable forest management while safeguarding traditional rights
• To sensitise, raise the level of awareness of legal rights in the poor, and create a cadre of para-legal workers in marginalised communities.
• To establish a culture of humanism through promotion of social justice and to secure entitlements for deprived sections of society through public interest litigation and advocacy.
• Training on Human Rights for scheduled castes
• Nai Roshini –Rural Litigation and Entitlement Kendra (RLEK) is empanelled with Ministry of Minority Affairs to conduct leadership trainings for minority women under Nai Roshni scheme.
• Schools - Children Education Program: Established 15 primary and middle schools for the marginalized communities in remotest corners of the hills of Uttarakhand.
• Construction of Electric Crematorium and Community Kitchen
• School children taking procession against social evils
• Leadership Training of Women
Avdhash Kaushal is the Chairperson of Rural Litigation and Entitlement Kendra (RLEK).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.