Faces of Hope Fund
Connecting Photography and Philantrophy
NY New York
|Phone No.:||+1 212-828-6417; +1 917-324-1355|
|Contact person:||Alison Wright|
- Aid organization
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Women's policy
The Faces of Hope Fund (FOH) is an established non-profit that globally supports women and children´s rights by creating visual awareness and donating directly to grass-roots organizations that help sustain them.
The Faces of Hope Fund was started by Alison Wright, a world-renowned freelance photojournalist who has spent a career creating impactful images of both astonishing beauty and terrible human suffering. The Faces of Hope Fund was inspired by Alison´s personal story and goal: to return to the small village in Laos to thank the locals who saved her life after surviving a devastating bus accident on remote jungle road in Laos.
The fund was created as a way for Alison to do more for the people and communities that she encounters through her photojournalism work because sometimes making a photo simply doesn´t feel like enough. Past campaigns have focused on a tangible humanitarian need that moved her heart in those communities – tents for refugees in Haiti, funding for a mobile medical unit for Burmese refugees, piglets for families in Nepal to enable them to survive without selling their daughters into sex trafficking.
Campaigns and projects:
• Burmese Refugees in Thailand: Funds are still needed for a mobile medical unit that can visit and provide basic healthcare to Burmese migrant workers.
• Tents for Haiti: Resiliency and tenacity in the face of disaster.
• Sending Girls to School in India: Girls First! is an innovative program of the NGO CorStone that will directly impact the health, education, and employability of 50,000 high-poverty girls in urban Indian slums.
• Rehabilitation Clinic (The ALYN Woldenberg Family Hospital) in Israel: Healing children of all faces
• Laos Health Clinic: The initial project of the Faces of Hope fund was to partner with the non-profit organization Doctor to Doctor to help deliver medical supplies to the Kasi Clinic in Laos.
• Nepal Youth Opportunity Foundation: We worked with Olga Murray´s Nepal Youth Opportunity Foundation to raise funds to liberate Nepalese girls from indentured servitude.
• Machik: Bridging the Cultural Gap in Tibet: Strengthening communities on the Tibetan plateau.
Alison Wright is the Founder of Faces of Hope Fund (FOH).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.