Darpan (An Image of Innocence)80, gurdev nagar, pakhowal road,
141001 Ludhiana, Punjab
|Phone No.:||+91 9779913463 , +91 9417160463|
|Contact person:||Niranjan Kumar|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid organization
- Social policy/disabled persons
- Educational policy/project
Darpan (An Image of Innocence) is a registered non profit non government organization (NGO), that serves the children with autism in north India was commenced in April 2005. It´s running special school where the special needs of each and every child autism are taken care by a team of dedicated teachers and theratists through different techniques.
The first initiative was taken by few noble souls to start services for the children having autism and their families in northern India. This is a brain child of a speech therapist, consultant of Deep Hospital, Model Town, Ludhiana. It was started in April 2005 with the help of some doctors, parents and volunteers.
Vision and Dream:
Every individual is unique and can contribute to the society in a meaningful way, if given right input at right time. We are working for the welfare to make possibilities for them in society.
To empower person with autism and multiple diagnosed to participate in the life and mainstream institutions to the best of their abilities.
• We welcome all the parents, professionals , volunteers, doctors who attached in the field of autism and other disability. We are here to direct the parents suffering from different diagnosed to the proper way.
• Darpan is running a special school where the special needs of each and every child with autism are taken care by a team of dedicated teachers and therapists. Different techniques are used to help these children learn social and communication skills to facilitate their movement into mainstream society. We also offer other disability services. We have special arrangements for school going slow learner students.
• Parent training programs- number of parent teacher interactions are organized with the motive of helping parents to handle their children with autism at home n a better way.
Niranjan Kumar is the General Secretary of Darpan (An Image of Innocence).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.