Edget Baandnet Children Center e.V. (EBCC)Eckerkamp 72
|Phone No.:||+49 (0)4053789499|
|Contact person:||Joern Bernhardt|
- Volunteers are welcome.
- Aid for developing countries
- Educational policy/project
- Women's policy
EDGET BAANDNET Children Center e.V. (EBCC) is a German non-profit, non-governmental organisation (NGO) that mainly operates in Awassa, Ethiopia.
Its focus is on vulnerable children and youth, mainly girls.
EBCC was founded in 2006 by the German couple Gundi Brendes & Joern Bernhardt, both then living and working in Ethiopia.
EBCC is a charity organisation for children and teenagers, in particular girls, above all providing HIV/Aids orphans and streetchildren (aged 6 - 17) with a home, education, food, clothes and medicine. We currently support 92 children, finance one house with around 30 children and have a scholarship programme for 72 girls.
• The "Live, Love and Learn-House", an orphanage established in 2007
• Street Children House, established in 2010
• A GIRLS Scholarship Programme
• Cost effective School construction projects
• Projects of solar power for Primary Schools, improvement of hygienic standards of Primary Schools and funding for excellent students (scholarships) are on the way.
EDGET works in close cooperation with other NGOs, is strong in networking (all over Ethiopia). We are represented by our partner NGO in Awassa, registered under the new NGO law as "Center of Concern" (COC). Our partner is growing fast, and has in the meantime various projects financed by international donors. COC is registered on a federal level.
Joern Bernhardt is the Administrator of EDGET BAANDNET Children Center e.V. (EBCC).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.