Veggruf - Verein für tierschutzgerechte ErnährungAlt-Rehberg 16
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Projet d'environnement
Veggruf, founded in 2013, is a non-profit society concerned with health, nutrition and environmental protection.
We are a group of dedicated people who resist the compulsion put on us to consume, who go against commercial pressures, who self-determinedly, thoughtfully and critically take their nutrition in their own hands, avoiding harming other living creatures. Mindfulness and conscious living are the first priority. We seek to convey to other people this positive, healthy and fair attitude towards life. We do not condemn or discriminate against those who choose another way, we just want to point out the advantages of this diet and to motivate as many people as possible to heighten their awareness.
Our society promotes animal protection by emphasizing man's responsibility towards animals and the environment. We campaign for ethical animal welfare, believing that the dignity of animals is inviolable. Veggruf promotes human health by advocating a vegetarian or vegan diet, thus protecting animals, since this renders the keeping of farm animals, especially factory farming, unnecessary which in turn leads to the protection of the climate and the environment. We want to protect animals from cruelty, abuse, harassment, overexertion, wanton killings, unnecessary detention, species-inappropriate treatment and abuse in sports exercises and tests.
What we want:
• We want to raise awareness, we want as many people as possible to think about treating animals with respect, to consider what is good for the environment and to eat healthily and fairly.
• We fight against indifference which – encouraged by the large companies in the factory farming industry and huge agricultural concerns – has crept into our society in recent decades and which encroaches on smallholdings and regional structures.
• We see no difference between pets – which we love, care and provide for – and the millions of farm animals who languish under the most miserable conditions as food producers, just because they are faceless.
What we do:
• We organise events intended to spread information and to educate, which are fun and entertaining, and where donations towards animal welfare organisations are collected.
• We organise regular veggie get-togethers, where like-minded people can exchange ideas and which provide a platform for interested parties. We work at a regional level, and support organisations known to us personally.
• We offer advice, e.g. on personal shopping trips.
• We provide further information such as recipes, shopping tips etc. etc on our website.
Susanne Miklas is the Secretary of Veggruf – Society for a Diet Which Protects Animals.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.