The Lily Foundation for Human Development (TLFHD)P.O. Box 1129
Bon Accord, Scarborough
|Telefon:||+1 868 378 3657|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Organisation d'aide
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Politique sociale/hommes handicapés
We are People Helping People: A Non-Profit organisation with a mandate to promote and facilitate Positive Human Development through Holistic Education Initiatives.
The Lily Foundation for Human Development (TLFHD) seeks to facilitate the personal and general growth and development of individuals, particularly students and school aged children/youth through the provision of opportunities or access to opportunities that allow for and promote such growth and development particularly education.
We believe that education is the key to poverty alleviation and all other spin offs such as crime, social ills, and the development of a country on a whole.
To encourage, promote, and facilitate holistic human development particularly within Tobago and the wider Caribbean through charity, education and active participation.
Our Main Programmes:
• Educational and Cultural Visit/Exchange Programme: This programme is to promote and encourage what has been best described by the Commonwealth this year in it´s theme "Connecting Cultures". Through exposure to and experience of different cultures, the participants should take away individual and collective educational experiences that would aid in their personal growth and development.
• Financial Literacy Seminars/Workshops - Seminars/Workshops for students and youth.
• Work Then Study Programme promoting careers in Hospitality and Tourism - This is aimed at promoting careers in hospitality and tourism in Tobago. Five-month paid internships are offered in March and September yearly at top properties on the island to allow participants to "test the waters" and see if they would be interested in the industry. Interns are exposed to and trained in key areas of operation in either administration or the Kitchen. At the end of the internship period, successful and interested participants are offered a THTI Scholarship.
• THTI Scholarship Programme - For study in areas of hospitality and tourism at Associate´s Degree, Diploma, Certificate, Short Course (Module) levels.
• TERP (The Employment Readiness Programme)
• After 12 Is Not Lunch – End Sexual Violence: General theme: Combating gender based abuse.
• TLFHD Kinder World: In 2016 we will launch a 24 hour child care and education service for children aged 2 - 5 years old. This service will target young mothers who work flexible and extended hours.
• iRead 2 Learn
Glendora Lashley is the Founder and the Managing Director of the Lily Foundation for Human Development (TLFHD).
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.