IT-Spenden für Kinder und SchulenAhornstr. 22
45478 Mülheim an der Ruhr
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Organisation d'aide
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Projet des médias
Labdoo is a collaborative humanitarian social network which is designed to help bring laptops and educational devices to schools in need without incurring any economic or environmental costs.
In the world, those who have access to free sources of education (FSE) are the rare exception. This is a problem because:
• It leads to inequalities between those who have access to FSE and those who don´t.
• The potential talent of most of the children in the world and the societal benefits that would arise from it are lost.
This reality is commonly known as the ´digital divide´.
A laptop allows schools to gain access to FSE, helping to unlock the skills and potential capabilities of children and students. This can be achieved via offline education software that comes installed in the laptops or via online education content.
Labdoo exists as ´a tool´ to help sustainably coordinate the mobilization of unused educational devices and to bring them to needy schools using global collaboration, without incurring any economic cost and without damaging the Planet.
Labdoo only provides an open and free tool: the tool is the humanitarian social network and the toolkit found in it that allows everyone to carry out his or her own mini-mission.
This social network provides the following functions:
• It provides an efficient way to organize information: identification of sources of demand, supply, laptops, dootrips, QA resources, etc.
• It provides a way to break down a very large mission (solving the digital divide) into a very large number of very small tasks (tagging, sanitizing, storage, dootrip, etc.). Each of these tasks becomes so small that its cost is negligible.
• Since all the information and activities are openly available through the humanitarian social network, it provides transparency.
• As a flat humanitarian project, it helps to break barriers and stereotypes between the beneficiaries and the benefactors. For instance, in the Labdoo network, aid can originate from the developing world and be received by the developed world.
How does Labdoo work and how can I make a contribution towards helping spread education? Through five simple steps:
• STEP 1. Tag your unused doojects. Do you have unused laptops or devices that can be repurposed for education? or do you know a friend, a relative, an organization or a company who has them? then the first step is to tag the devices (the doojects) you collect so that they can be efficiently organized inside the global inventory.
• STEP 2. Sanitize the doojects. Once tagged, the dooject needs to be sanitized and loaded with the education software.
• STEP 3. Identify a dootrip. Once the dooject is sanitized, we need to identify a CO2-neutral traveling resource that can bring it to a school. We call this type of transportation resource dootrip (as in Labdoo trip).
• STEP 4. Track your dooject towards ´mission accomplished´. You can track the progress your dooject makes towards reaching a school by selecting from the menu at the top of this page the option "Dooject" and then the sub-option "My doojects"
• STEP 5. Recycle broken doojects.
Ralf Hamm is the Chairman of Labdoo.org e.V. Hub Rhein-Ruhr
For other net participants we can offer an expert guidance through trained staff, give an expert opinion, procure expert information and establish new contacts in the field of our work.