Watoto wa Kenya e.V.
Verein zur Unterstützung von Kindern in Keniac/o Zenit Reisedienst GmbH; Himmelsstraße 42
|Telefon:||+ 49 (40) 514 94 00; + 49 (0) 151 144 44 52|
|Telefax:||+ 49 (40) 59 49 40 44|
- Nous acceuillons les bénévoles à bras ouverts.
- Organisation d'aide
- Politique + projet d'éducation
- Politique sociale/hommes handicapés
Watoto wa Kenya was founded in Hamburg in February 2011. The driving forces were the travel agency owner Gaby Bentlage and the social educator Inge Lindenberg. Both of them have put in more than seven years of dedicated work, with large private commitment, for children and school projects in Kenya. Thanks to the work of these two women, the association has many personal contacts in Kenya.
Over the past two years, Watoto wa Kenya has also received support from the Udo Lindenberg Trust.
• Our main project is the one we helped to plan - the "Bambino Academy" in Mtwapa. Since late 2005, we have supported them with donations in kind and cash and have established and expanded it bit by bit.
• Our second project is in Bombolulu, a Mombasa slum . Over 1300 children attend the Ziwa La Ng'ombe Primary School. Here we help 60 orphans daily with a small, meager lunch, which consists of a handful of corn porridge.
• Installation of a Waterbox in Ziwa la Ng'ombe
• A second, smaller plant is in St. Joseph House of Hope.
• Five teenagers from Mombasa and the surrounding area will start their training as motor mechanics at St. Joseph House of Hope from 1 March.
• arranging sponsorships
Arno Köster is the Manager of the Udo Lindenberg Trust, which supports Watoto wa Kenya and coordinates our public activities.
On request we can offer other net participants advice, give a presentation, and provide up-to-date information and contacts in the field of our work.